PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading vBadvanced Gallery v1.0.1 to Latest Photopost. Simple?

LiveWire
March 26th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Hey all,

One of my sites is running vBulletin Version 3.0.7 and vBadvanced Gallery v1.0.1. We are currently working on upgrading the entire site to the latest vBulletin version. My question is this. How simple or hard will it be to upgrade my vBadvanced Gallery v1.0.1 to the latest Photopost? Do you provide a easy upgrade script? I understand I will need to purchase a license first, but that comes later. Thanks for your replies!

- Ken Iovino

Chuck S
March 26th, 2007, 09:52 AM
You mean your trying to switch products? I mean your not upgrading to the latest Photopost vbgallery right? You want to purchase Photopost Pro.

If thats the case you purchase Photopost Pro and install that product to vb3 and then use the vbadvanced vbgallery import script which is located in the Photopost pro import script forum.

LiveWire
March 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Well, there is no such thing anymore as the vBAdvanced Gallery. I'm running an old version before Photopost aqquired the vBAdvanced Gallery. So, My question is.... Since the vBAdvanced gallery is now owned by Photopost, is there an import script that will update the database correctly without losing my information?

Chuck S
March 26th, 2007, 12:55 PM
You have two avenues.

1. You can simply upgrade your vbadvanced vbgallery to Photopost vbGallery

2. You can purchase Photopost Pro and use the vbadvanced vbgallery import script to import that gallery into Photopost pro

0ptima
March 26th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Hey all,

One of my sites is running vBulletin Version 3.0.7 and vBadvanced Gallery v1.0.1.

I just did the same upgrade and it was very easy for both Vbulletin and VB Gallery.

0ptima
March 26th, 2007, 05:43 PM
You have two avenues.

1. You can simply upgrade your vbadvanced vbgallery to Photopost vbGallery

This is the easiest option.

LiveWire
March 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks guys! :)

LiveWire
March 29th, 2007, 08:10 AM
EDIT:
Please disregard the comment below. Shortly after posting this I noticed the announcement about becoming a verified customer. Thanks again.

---

Hello again. The company I work for has purchased a license and I need to know how I can link this forum account to our current license.

At this time I'm only able to post in this forum. Can this be done? What will need to be done on our end in order to get support? I've searched the members area, but was unable to find any information pertaining this issue.

Thanks!

Chuck S
March 29th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Not a problem have a good one.