PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin, phpBB and Coppermine

odie3
March 25th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Hello,

Yesterday I moved from phpBB 2.0.22 to vBulletin 3.6.5, which now seems completed.

However, I also have Coppermine which is bridged to my phpBB user/MySQL [which is still online only for Coppermine].

Question: Is it possible to migrate from Coppermine Bridged phpBB to PhotoPost?

Chuck S
March 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM
If you use the coppermine script to import the data to Photopost which you have integrated with vbulletin and then also run a userfix script we also have to realign the userid's on Photos since your vbulletin userid's are changed from phpBB on their import.

odie3
March 26th, 2007, 10:26 AM
So, your imported knows how to work with the Coppermine/phpBB Bridge? There are no users in Coppermine [only the few that where created when I first installed it before Bridging].

Chuck S
March 26th, 2007, 11:58 AM
The steps are as posted above. Basically your importing your phpbb users into vbulletin with their import script.

Our coppermine importer will import your coppermine data into Photopost which you integrated with vb.

Then since the user's userid's will change using the vbulletin importer you run our userfix script which realigns the photo userid's to the proper userid's after you change your forum.

odie3
March 26th, 2007, 12:44 PM
roger, I just wanted to be 100% before deciding to buy your product. ;)

Chuck S
March 26th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Not a problem

odie3
March 26th, 2007, 05:20 PM
One more question, I do not see Photopost vBGallery on the Purchase site, can you not buy it anymore?

Also, assume you can still get vBGallery - will it tie into my non-default style?

Chuck S
March 26th, 2007, 08:23 PM
You can buy vbgallery if you choose for 99.00 versus Photopost for 129.00 but our discussion above is about scripts for Photopost Pro

You are not able to import coppermine into Photopost vbgallery there are no such scripts