PDA

View Full Version : Help please - cannot find bbcode table

doggy
March 20th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Hi folks -

I had to overlay the files in my gallery root directory, and since that time the gallery has been producing errors such as this:

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT *
FROM bbcode;

MySQL Error : Table 'corvette_gallery.bbcode' doesn't exist
Error Number : 1146
Date : Tuesday, March 20th 2007 @ 09:40:56 PM
Script : http://www.corvettevalley.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1403/cat/500/ppuser/217
Referrer : http://www.corvettevalley.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/217
Classname : vb_database

I cannot figure out what is missing - but any help would be very much appreciated - my members are getting restless as the gallery feature is very popular.

My forum gallery is found at:

http://www.corvettevalley.com/gallery/

I am running VBulletin 3.5.4 and have VBAdvanced CMPS running with integration.

Thank you for your time.

doggy

Chuck S
March 21st, 2007, 10:53 AM
That is a vbulletin database error. Does not really have anything to do with the gallery.

http://www.corvettevalley.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/590/cat/500/ppuser/217

Knowing more about what you did and what you mean by you had to overlay the files might give some answers

doggy
March 21st, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hi Chuck -

Thank you for your quick reply.

I was changing Photopost admin options, and inadvertently changed the photopost root directory, which made the admin options unable to change properies etc. since it was looking for the php files in the wrong directory.

I tried to restore the original settings by copying all of the files in the gallery directory - but only the files, not the directories, since at that time I did not realize the settings are stored in the database.

The backup must have been too old - and after that file copy I started having the gallery issues.

I am not having any issues with the Vbulletin or VBAdvanced software, it is only when I try to display a picture from the gallery that the error appears.

Thank you for your input on this problem.

best regards

doggy

Chuck S
March 21st, 2007, 02:23 PM
I would suggest you put directories etc all back where they where and make sure everything is as it should be before you started messing around.

doggy
March 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM
Hi Chuck -

I hope that was a joke. :confused:

Since it is Photopost and not my forum that is acting up, I assumed that the support here would be able to give me a clue as to what to look for....

When showphoto.php runs, I receive an SQL error.

Are you suggesting to use my original photopost install package and upload those files that were marked for the gallery over the files that are there now?

best regards -

doggy

Chuck S
March 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
Your Photopost worked before you started moving stuff etc what would you like me say other than put it back the way it was.

I would suggest you download complete unedited files and reupload them. The sql error your encountering has nothing to do with Photopost in any way shape or form. Check your config-inc.php to make sure you have the correct mysql information for vbulletin under the user database portion. Make sure in your photopost settings table via phpmyadmin make sure your setting 83 has the proper vbulletin database table prefix in there. Also try disabling any vbulletin hacks you have installed.

It is a process of elimation because our files are not calling the bbcode table.

doggy
March 22nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Your Photopost worked before you started moving stuff etc what would you like me say other than put it back the way it was.

I would suggest you download complete unedited files and reupload them. The sql error your encountering has nothing to do with Photopost in any way shape or form. Check your config-inc.php to make sure you have the correct mysql information for vbulletin under the user database portion. Make sure in your photopost settings table via phpmyadmin make sure your setting 83 has the proper vbulletin database table prefix in there. Also try disabling any vbulletin hacks you have installed.

It is a process of elimation because our files are not calling the bbcode table.

Thanks Chuck -

I will do that - one of the hacks must be calling the include - but since the message said that showphoto.php was the script that was driving the call to bbcode, I was hoping that one of you would be able to magically solve the problem....:D

Thanks for your help - I will certainly be learning a lot about how photopost interracts with the vbulletin from this (a learning experience?).

best regards -

doggy

Chuck S
March 22nd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Well see the issue is hacks are designed to work with vb and not really always compatible with external apps that call the vb variables.

If disabling your hacks solves the issue just turn them on one by one and you can see which one causes the issue

doggy
March 23rd, 2007, 08:34 AM
Hi Chuck -

Do you have any suggestions as to debugging software that I can use to help me step through the scripts and find out where the error is coming from?

I have iterated as much as I can, and now I would like to try to follow the execution of the "showphoto.php" script and beyond since I am having no luck finding the script that is forming the invalid cvall to the vb bbcode table.

The call is using the "gallery" database name instead of the vbulletin database name - i.e.

select * from corvette_gallery.bbcode instead of

select * from corvette_forums.bbcode

I cannot grep the scripts because these are all variables, and not hard coded calls (as you well know).

Thanks for your consideration.

best regards -

doggy

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2007, 09:52 AM
Are you using a default no hacked vbulletin and no hacked Photopost as instructed above and then you work forward trying to put any hacks back in vb till you get the error and know thats the hack that is causing your issue?

doggy
March 23rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
Are you using a default no hacked vbulletin and no hacked Photopost as instructed above and then you work forward trying to put any hacks back in vb till you get the error and know thats the hack that is causing your issue?

Hi Chuck -

No - not yet. We have so many hacks in place....

I have tried uploading the files in the root photopost directory.

Can I run the install of photopost without damaging my current gallery data folders and table data?

Will the install.php?config try to drop my tables and redefine them, and delete my data folder and re-initialize the "500" data directories?

I don't want to lose my table data and image data.

best regards -

doggy

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
An install will not drop your already present tables. More than likely this issue is do to a hack you recently installed in vbulletin. My suggestion is to disable all plugins in vb or if this is an older vb 3 that does not have a plugin system run a clean vb.

doggy
March 23rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
Hi Chuck -

I disabled vb3 integration (all three settings) and photopost is working again in plain vanilla form. ;) B=0

I will have to re-install the vb3 and associated hacks -

Thanks or your help - I appreciate your input.

I would still like to know what php script debuging/ trace tools you would recommend.

Thanks again.

best regards

doggy

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
There is no debugging one can do other than to reinstall vb3 or disable the hacks and then redo the hacks one by one till you see which one causes the issue. No doubt your easy thing to do right now is back out or disable the last hack you added and go backwards till the issue is resolved. Any hack that has to do with the vb hosts might effect this