PDA

View Full Version : Couple q's before I purchase

dwdmguy@optonlin
March 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Good Evening.

1. I'm running VB 3.6 and also vBanvanced CMPS
2. I want my users in the forum to simply post pictures in the structure that I saw on the examples.
3. I want to make sure that PhotoPost is only enabled in the locations (forums or cats) that I want it enabled in.

So...
1. Is my platform ok for this? I'm assuming so
2. Do I understand this product correctly, that this can be a members posting tool inside their New Post? An answer to a Post?
3. Can I enable this where I want?
4. If I have PhotoPost install, will you also support it after a certian amount of time.
5. If I purchase the standard "Branded" copy but yet it's a thread embedded in VB, how will the "Powered By" show up" in the thread? I can't find an example.
6. I'm a novice, but coming up to speed with PHP now, how hard is it to install on a shared vitural server? (godaddy)

Thanks and good evening
Tom

Chuck S
March 19th, 2007, 10:06 AM
1. If you have vb your fine

2. You do not understand this correctly sorry. vbulletin and photopost are separate programs with there own things. Please see our gallery right here on this site to see this. The forums are in directory forum and photopost is the photopost directory

3. see above question 2

4. we support our product that is a totally different thing. An install is a one time service we perform

5. Our copyright appears at the footer of our program

6. It is a medium difficulty I tell most people. Not hard but no easy depending on your expertise of program install terms like CHMOD mysql access's etc etc

Shelby
March 21st, 2007, 01:56 PM
I would personally not reccamend PhotoPost VBGallery just yet. Despite having the product myself there are several issues with the lack of support. The biggest issue stems from delayed solutions to problems. Often if you post an issue that requires investigation, that investigation may take months to get your bug fixed or issue resolved.