PDA

View Full Version : When is the next PhotoPost Pro update due?

mihirp
March 15th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Hello,

I am writing to learn when is the next PP Pro update due? This is because I am consider making lots of mods to the script and if there is going to be an update soon, i would wait for it. If it is going to take, like 6 months or so, then I would move ahead with the mod.

Please answer me on this one as my next action depends on this.

Chuck S
March 15th, 2007, 12:06 PM
There is no date set for the next release. We will be making probally within the next couple months a small dot release fixing any bugs that have been reported and such since the initial 5.62 release.

mihirp
March 15th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks Chuck. That helps me make my decision. I will go ahead with my mods and incorporate the bug fixes when they arrive. Since there is going to be no major feature addition, it doesn't matter.

Chuck S
March 15th, 2007, 01:04 PM
No problem. I am not saying Michael will not throw in a new feature or so he always does but for the most part the next release will be majorly just a wrap up of all bug fixes since the 5.62 release

mihirp
March 15th, 2007, 09:56 PM
When that version is released, would there be a way to find out which coding part has changed? That way I can simply make changes to the changed code section.

Chuck S
March 16th, 2007, 07:59 AM
If your trying to compare files I always recommend beyond compare by http://www.scootersoftware.com

mihirp
March 16th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Wow that tool is amazing. I have so many projects where this would be really useful. Thanks Chuck. Do you maintain a list of your favorite bookmarks ;)

Chuck S
March 16th, 2007, 01:53 PM
favorite bookmarks?

mihirp
March 16th, 2007, 02:07 PM
a list of your favorite websites

Chuck S
March 16th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I doubt my favorites would interest you