PDA

View Full Version : pp-classifieds integration w/vb3.6.4

ernmen
March 1st, 2007, 10:47 AM
Okay, newbie at this forum stuff. I installed PP, but do not know how to get the integration piece going so I can use this tool with my VB site. I did the install correctly and the last instruction weas to visit here for integration with VB. How do get pp-classifieds forum topics to show up in my VB forum topics?

I appologize in advace for the newbie ignorance.

Chuck S
March 1st, 2007, 10:50 AM
Please post a url to your classifieds.

Integration with vb is done on install and simply means we will authenticate your vb users to be logged into classifieds and use the vb3 header footer and stylesheet over our program

It is not going to modify your forum in any manner. Your not going to get classifieds topics showing under a forum category. There are plugins to show latest ads and the actual classifieds index on your forumhome page.

ernmen
March 1st, 2007, 10:54 AM
http://americanrealestatenetwork.net/pp-classifieds/

Chuck S
March 1st, 2007, 10:57 AM
Go to your Photopost admin area and hit edit integration and make sure the server path to your forum reads this

D:\hosting\member\taren\site1\vBulletin

ernmen
March 1st, 2007, 11:02 AM
OKay, that worked.

About the VB plugins to show latest ads and the actual classifieds index...Where can I get those?

Thanks a million!

ernmen
March 1st, 2007, 11:07 AM
2 more things...

I paid for the Branding Free version yet I see the PP copyright stuff is still there.

and

I am getting this junk at the bottom of the screen on the page:

Creating directory: /USR Creating directory: /USR/SNMP Creating directory: /USR/SNMP/PERSIST Creating directory: /USR Creating directory: /USR/SNMP Creating directory: /USR/SNMP/PERSIST Creating directory: /USR Creating directory: /USR/SNMP Creating directory: /USR/SNMP/PERSIST

Chuck S
March 1st, 2007, 11:13 AM
Here is the post on how to add this to your forums

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1114289#post1114289

If your using vb 3.6 which has the plugin system you can use this plugin instead of modifying the index file like you do in older vb3 versions

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129349

As far as that server error it appears to be just that a server error as nothing in our program is wanting or having anything to do with directories like that.

ernmen
March 1st, 2007, 11:15 AM
What about the Brand Free option I purchased?

Chuck S
March 1st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Customer Service should have sent you instructions on how to remove that when you purchased the brand free. We do not post that in a public open forum. You can email sales@photopost.com on this

ernmen
March 1st, 2007, 11:31 AM
I will check that. Thanks for all the assistance.

0ptima
March 3rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
2 more things...

I paid for the Branding Free version yet I see the PP copyright stuff is still there.

You might want to change the directory your classifieds are in as pp-classifieds kinda gives it away.

ernmen
March 26th, 2007, 04:03 PM
This mystery text started appearing at the bottom of the pages after I installed your product.

Creating directory: /USR Creating directory: /USR/SNMP Creating directory: /USR/SNMP/PERSIST Creating directory: /USR Creating directory: /USR/SNMP Creating directory: /USR/SNMP/PERSIST Creating directory: /USR Creating directory: /USR/SNMP Creating directory: /USR/SNMP/PERSIST

Chuck S
March 26th, 2007, 08:24 PM
That is a server error so I would suggest contacting your host.