PDA

View Full Version : Extra Fields Information if I move the Photo to Diff Category.

mihirp
February 28th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Suppose I add 3 extra fields for a category and populate those 3 extra fields with values for each image in that category.

Now if I move one of the image from that category to a different category which does not have those 3 extra field, what happens? Does the image lose its extra field information or it stays with it?

I believe it will exhibit odd behaviour because the extra field name is associated with the category and only the value is add to the photos.

The extra field name info is stored in pp_categories while the value of that extra field is stored in pp_photos table.

Any idea how this would work. I have not tested it yet.

Thanks

Added: Ok, I tested this and the extra field information disappeared when I moved it to a different category which did not have those fields. When I moved it back to its original category, it came back.

I analyzed that since the extra field info for a photo is added to the pp_photo table whereas the extra fieldname value is added to the pp_category table, this is happening.

Chuck S
February 28th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Now if I move one of the image from that category to a different category which does not have those 3 extra field, what happens? Does the image lose its extra field information or it stays with it?

Correct you can not move extra field data on the additional extra fields it is actually stored it its own tables.