PDA

View Full Version : Photopost + Vbulletin VBSeo

mihirp
February 27th, 2007, 04:22 AM
Hello,

I am planning to integrate pp pro with vbulletin. I plan to buy vbseo and use it.

Would it be completely compatible with my setup or there might be some changes that I would have to make manually to make them run together?

sensimilla
February 27th, 2007, 06:24 AM
They can run together easily, you can either leave the php photopost rewriten urls or create custom rules in vbseo admin panel.

mihirp
February 27th, 2007, 06:56 AM
They can run together easily, you can either leave the php photopost rewriten urls or create custom rules in vbseo admin panel.

You mean to say that Photopost urls can be rewritten with VBSeo?

Chuck S
February 27th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Photopost to our companies knowledge and experience will not work with vbseo

mihirp
February 27th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Hi Chuck,

Thank you very much for your response. I would be having photopost under /gallery/ path and vbulletin under /forums/ path. If I use VBSeo for Vbulletin, would it break any codes of Photopost or they can co-exists well if I don't use VbSeo to play around with PhotoPost urls?

I posted in VbSeo forums as well and 1 reply mentioned that many sites use vbseo and photopost products together.

Btw, Michael has posted that he uses vbseo with photopost/vbulletin - http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129969

I am confused!

Added: Let me also clear it out that I do not want to integrate both the products closely. I simply want both to use the same members database and the link to the members profile on the photos page, etc should use a common url. For eg: a members profile page from both photopost and vbulletin should be the same path.

Chuck S
February 27th, 2007, 04:51 PM
To my knowledge vbseo has code you can use to make sure it doesnt rewrite any Photopost urls. Therefore as I stated I do not believe they work with Photopost

Exitilus
February 27th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I have VBSEO & Photopost. There is almost no issue with VBSEO affecting Photopost. The only thing you have to make sure is the .htaccess in your Photopost directory has rewrites turned off or some of the custom re-write rules *could* affect Photopost.

By Default VBSEO will not rewrite any VBSEO links. It's the .htaccess rewrites that can mess it up as obviously all the settings are for vbulletin.

mihirp
February 28th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Hi Exitilus,

Thanks for letting me know that. Actually I have certain rewrite rules set for PhotoPost which changes a few url styles. But since both the products would exists in different paths, I fail to understand how it would affect photopost installation.

Since the .htaccess file for vbulletin would exists under /forums/ directory, it won't affect /gallery/ directory where I have my photopost software installed. Or is there something I am missing.

The only thing you have to make sure is the .htaccess in your Photopost directory has rewrites turned off or some of the custom re-write rules *could* affect Photopost.

What would happen if I have rewrites turned on for photopost as well with my custom rewrite rules?

Chuck S
February 28th, 2007, 09:40 AM
You will get page not found errors. Our support forum is littered with such errors which is why I stated it does not work with Photopost. Basically the htaccess file Exitilus is talking about your actually shutting VBSEO off so it doesnt affect Photopost which of course means they are not compatible.

ConqSoft
April 28th, 2007, 09:08 AM
vBSEO *does* work fine on sites that have PhotoPost installed. We have thousands of customers who are running PhotoPost with no issues.

If anyone has any difficulties with PhotoPost after installing vBSEO (or vice versus), just open a vBSEO support ticket (http://www.vbseo.com/en/support/) in our vBSEO support system and we'll be happy to help.

Chuck S
April 28th, 2007, 03:26 PM
The urls though can not be rewritten to use vbseo to my knowledge. VBSEO will place something in the htaccess of the site to make vbSEO not interfere with Photopost

That is what I know.

ConqSoft
April 28th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Yes, vBSEO only rewrites vBulletin URLs. For PhotoPost to have keyword-filled-URLs, PhotoPost itself would have to be heavily modified.

Chuck S
April 28th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Yep just wanted to clarify that issue as your last post sounded like Photopost url's would be written like vbSEO uses and work fine ;)

blastup
May 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM
so can anyone help me modify my photopost.. to fit in vbseo.. cuz i really need photopost urls static... none of the photopost urls are in the search engines..

Chuck S
May 8th, 2007, 05:07 PM
We have our own spider urls and you turn them on in global options in admin

blastup
May 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
um.. but your own spider urls don't work on mine.. and is not keyword rich.. is there any hack to make it keyword rich?

Chuck S
May 9th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Our spider urls have been shown repeated to work fine and even full feature rich forums use the same spider url structure like ubbthreads for one.

You would need to consult vbseo on the nature of any such hack of their product to work with other things than it was written for

easyskillz
May 9th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I wonder why you guys don't have this as default, making it easy for our pictures to be googled.

i have thousands of pictures and i am just afraid of touching htaccess files ...or using crrs etc ...it's just a bit complicated.

ConqSoft
May 9th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Using CRR's won't really help with that you want anyway, since you can only use the values that are already available in the URL.

It would require modification to the PhotoPost code to make it support keyword-filled URLs.