PDA

View Full Version : More upload problems

cooch
February 25th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Having a strange intermittent upload problem:

When I log into one account and try to upload even a small image (maybe 25KB), I get a "connection error" and no upload. If I log out of that account and back into another account, I can upload the file no problem.

I have set all user directory limits to at least 50MB, and no directory that I can see is anywhere near that full.

Any ideas on where to look or what to look for?

Thanks for any guidance!

Chuck S
February 25th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Have you tried deleting the uploads directory of that one user via ftp via the numeric userid of that specific user

EXAMPLE

userid/38

cooch
February 25th, 2007, 02:25 PM
No; I have not. I did not know what those directories were for, or which ones were allowed to be deleted.

Chuck S
February 25th, 2007, 02:54 PM
You can delete anything underneath uploads just dont touch data

cooch
February 25th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks; I'll give it a try..

Just so I understand, why do you think this is happening, and why does deleting the upload content fix it?

Also, what happens if I delete everyone's upload content?

In other words, what is the upload directory for if I am allowed to delete the content?

Chuck S
February 25th, 2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1175929&postcount=2

its a PHP timeout memory issue using GD2

cooch
February 25th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Not sure I understand, because this happened with tiny image files, and on one account but not another.

I'll change the settings, but back to my other questions:

1) why does deleting the upload content fix it?

2) what is the upload directory for, and what happens if I delete everyone's upload content?

Chuck S
February 26th, 2007, 09:11 AM
1. because the uploads directory is no longer clogged with the huge file that blocks the uploads.

2. You can safely delete every numeric directory. It is simply a temp directory where photos are housed by users before the system processes them.

cooch
February 27th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks!