PDA

View Full Version : Questions before I buy

aconic
February 22nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
I am concerned with a few things.

1. How easy is it to upload photos? Is there a way to upload photos from a folder in mass?
2. Does the script create automatic thumbnails for the pictures? Can the pictures be shown in full size?
2. How customizable are the templates? I have been looking for a script that I can easily customize, ad advertisements, etc.
3. Do I need previous knowledge of MySQL, etc. to install this script?

Can you provide a link to a demo that is not integrated with Vbulletin so I can see what it looks like without the forums?

Thanks.

Chuck S
February 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
1. How easy is it to upload photos? Is there a way to upload photos from a folder in mass?

YOU CAN BULKUPLOAD A BUNCH OF FILES AND AS ADMIN USE THE BULKUPLOAD UTILITY TO PROCESS A DIRECTORY OF FILES

2. Does the script create automatic thumbnails for the pictures? Can the pictures be shown in full size?

YES AND YES. THERE ARE THUMBNAILS FULL LARGE SIZE AND ONE CAN EVEN CREATE A MEDIUM SIZE

3. How customizable are the templates? I have been looking for a script that I can easily customize, ad advertisements, etc.

THE TEMPLATES CAN BE EASY OR HARD ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE. THEY ARE SIMPLY HTML WITH VARIABLES SURROUNDED BY PHP CONDITIONAL CLAUSES

4. Do I need previous knowledge of MySQL, etc. to install this script?

NO NOT REALLY YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW YOUR MYSQL HOST USERNAME PASSWORD AND DATABASE NAME YOU SETUP

aconic
February 23rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Can you provide a link to a demo that is not integrated with Vbulletin or Forum software so I can see what it looks like without the forums?

Chuck S
February 23rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
You can look here for sites that are not vb integrated but our demo is vb integrated since our site is vb integrated

http://www.photopost.com/action/index.php