PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost Questions - Skins / Templates / Uploads

mihirp
February 7th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Hello,

I have many questions:

1. I need more skins and templates. I saw Michael's site shutteralley.com and it's fantastic. Are skins and templates available at PhotoPost or is anyone selling them?

2. At this moment, I am planning to go with the standalone photopost software with its own member integration. If in future, I decide to integrate VBulletin, would it be possible? Would the spider friendly urls change?

3. If I use VB3, would the tons of skins/templates available for VB3 be applicable for all the sections of Photopost. i.e. If I use VB3, would I indirectly get access to tons of skins/templates? Can I set different skins for different categories if I use VB3?

4. Is it recommended to use PhotoPost with VB3 or as standalone?

5. Can someone point me to some posts where Zip uploads, etc have been discussed. I have certaain questions in my mind. Can multiple users from different locations upload images simultaneously? What happens if the images have same names? Do the images for different categories get saved in different directories or they are all in one single directory?

6. Finally I own a PhotoPost pro license. If I integrate with VBulletin 3, do I need a photopost vb license?

7. A question for Michael - The sites like shutteralley, viperalley, etc which you run - I heard they are integrated with VB3. So are they running vbgallery software or the main photopost pro software? And is it possible to change the different skins for different categories.

Thanks

Chuck S
February 7th, 2007, 09:43 AM
1. I need more skins and templates. I saw Michael's site shutteralley.com and it's fantastic. Are skins and templates available at PhotoPost or is anyone selling them?

These are all vbulletin integrated Photopost Pro sites and as such using vbulletin stylesheets

2. At this moment, I am planning to go with the standalone photopost software with its own member integration. If in future, I decide to integrate VBulletin, would it be possible? Would the spider friendly urls change?

It is possible although you have a bit of work changing integration types and importing users etc although it is possible. Our spider urls do not change with any integration type

3. If I use VB3, would the tons of skins/templates available for VB3 be applicable for all the sections of Photopost. i.e. If I use VB3, would I indirectly get access to tons of skins/templates? Can I set different skins for different categories if I use VB3?

Yes you can use your vb3 skins although you can not load a different skin per category using the vb3 integration. In vb3 we pull the user defined stylesheet. Only in Photopost header system can you load optional stylesheets per category

4. Is it recommended to use PhotoPost with VB3 or as standalone?

It all depends what you want to do. Some people want a forum others do not.

5. Can someone point me to some posts where Zip uploads, etc have been discussed. I have certaain questions in my mind. Can multiple users from different locations upload images simultaneously? What happens if the images have same names? Do the images for different categories get saved in different directories or they are all in one single directory?

category images are saved in the specific category data directory and same name files are renamed on upload. Users can upload at any time and someone else uploading at the same time is not going to mess someone else up.

6. Finally I own a PhotoPost pro license. If I integrate with VBulletin 3, do I need a photopost vb license?

You already own Photopost Pro if you want to run vbulletin you simply need to purchase vbulletin

7. A question for Michael - The sites like shutteralley, viperalley, etc which you run - I heard they are integrated with VB3. So are they running vbgallery software or the main photopost pro software? And is it possible to change the different skins for different categories.

I am not Michael but all his sites are integrated with vb3 using Photopost Pro not vbgallery. The skin thing was answered above.