View Full Version : Which file contains the title, metas, etc
February 1st, 2007, 11:42 PM
Looking for the file that contains the title info and the meta details. Thx
February 2nd, 2007, 10:52 AM
We need an example of where your talking and what integration this is? Please provide a url. If this is a normal classifieds you can make a headtags file to load with any meta tags you widh to load over the program. The page title is a variable thing. The site name is entered in global options in admin and will be a mix of the site name and various things dependent on what script your on. So not a one stop answer here
February 2nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Here's a link to my board:
It's a base classifieds install. I want to remove the "Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds" in the title bar. Is this kosher with the TOS?
February 2nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
ah see your using vb3 integration which means your loading the vb3 header there any meta is handled through there header.
You can remove the powered by Photopost classifieds in the pp-inc.php file in the $theader lines however you may not remove the copyright from the footer
February 2nd, 2007, 06:23 PM
Perfect!! Worked like a charm ... footer copyright still there.
March 5th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I have the same questions but need to see if you could answer a little more specifically, please....
1. How do I go about adding our site name, so it does not say "Photo Post Classifieds - Main Index - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds" in the IE title bar?
2. To add in keywords, meta tags, site description, etc., what file do I edit or add them to?
3. Can you tell me more about the spider friendly urls?
March 5th, 2007, 06:29 PM
1. Set the site name in Admin => Global Options
2. If your trying to add meta tags etc make a headtags.htm file with any pertinent head tags and link to it via the global options in admin to load it
3. They are simply an easier url for spiders to manage replacing the ? = characters in the url with / which makes spiders process the urls
March 17th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for replying Chuck. :)
Can you please tell me,
1. I made the changes in the Admin => Global Options, but after our name it still says, "Powered by Photo Post Classifieds".
Can this part not be removed? I understand that the copyright on the bottom has to stay but can't this part be removed?
2. If I make and upload the file headtags.htm (I assume can do this using TextPad), do I add the link to the "Full path to HTML file containing head tags" place in the Admin section?
3. I am wondering (since there is an option to enable or disable) the spider urls - is there a general census on whether or not this is a good thing to do? Is there a benefit to doing it?
PS. I know I am probably making you half crazy, but we're almost done getting these programs set up (so I think), and I will be out of your hair soon. I hope! Thanks again Chuck!
March 17th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Second reply to add:
Chuck, I think I am still asking the same thing as the other guy in this post (from before). If I open the pp-inc.php file, what do I look for to remove the "Powered by Photo Post Classifieds" part?
March 17th, 2007, 10:42 AM
It will always say Powered by Photopost Classifieds as thats part of the copyright in the header but the question you asked was about the site name thing which you did change now
Yes to load a headtags file you make the file and place the server path including the filename where asked
It is always a good thing to use spider urls if you can
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.