PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost Pro to PhotoPost vBGallery

davexoxide
January 30th, 2007, 04:41 PM
After purchasing the proper license is it possible to convert a PhotoPost Pro installation into a PhotoPost vBGallery?

Chuck S
January 30th, 2007, 04:51 PM
There is no import script released by us to do this. I beleive the vbgallery import forum might have one to do this but we do not support it as it was written by someone else and not us.

curriertech
February 1st, 2007, 05:35 PM
I would be interested in this too, if there's any chance of an 'official' importer being released.

John_770
February 3rd, 2007, 12:19 AM
as would I :)

hornstar6969
February 11th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Why would you want to go from pp pro to the vb gallery one? isnt pp pro better?

curriertech
February 11th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Why would you want to go from pp pro to the vb gallery one? isnt pp pro better?

Pro does offer more features, but it looks like vbgallery integrates more tightly with vBulletin.

Chuck S
February 11th, 2007, 12:11 PM
From a company standpoint to justify the time and expense to write import scripts we usually have import scripts from commercially available scripts that are competitors. Now with that said I do not think we would be releasing such an import script for two reasons.

1. We own the rights to both programs so there is no competition or threat.

2. It makes no sense for us to write an import script from our flagship product down to a lesser version of a gallery with less features.

There is an import script to import vbgallery to Photopost Pro and has been one for quite some time.

hornstar6969
February 11th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Pro does offer more features, but it looks like vbgallery integrates more tightly with vBulletin.

Is it the admincp integration or something else that makes the integration better in vbgallery?

RnR Life
February 11th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I personally have used both from a dev side of things, and I see no reason to downgrade to vBGallery. It offers nothing better just there are more little mods due to it was cheaper.

Some do like the same admincp but really it is not that difficult, even more so due to tab browsing offered in firefox and the new IE.