PDA

View Full Version : Two "mysql database" or one "mysql database"

Bills
January 29th, 2007, 02:06 AM
The Installation Manual says ...

" If you're using PhotoPost with an existing forum, you can either use the MySQL database that you're presently using for your forum for both PhotoPost and your forum, or you can create a separate database for PhotoPost (in either case, your forum user database will still be used by PhotoPost). ... "

Now since I want to use only "ONE" Mysql database (i.e. my existing "FORUM" database with the following details)

DB Host: db77.abc.net
DB Name: aaaaa
DB User: bbbbb
DB Password: 12345

What am I supposed to feed into following area of "Step 1: PhotoPost Configuration Verification" so that ONLY ONE EXISTING FORUM Mysql database will be used for both (vBulletin forum and PhotoPost)

PhotoPost Database Host
PhotoPost Database Name
PhotoPost Database User
PhotoPost Database Password

User Database Host
User Database Name
User Database User
User Database Password

2) Pl. also reply from your experience, which one will be better and more easier to manage:

Using a SINGLE mysql data for vBulletin Forum and PhotoPost.

or

Using TWO separate mysql database for vBulletin and Photopost

(If possible pl. give the reason/advantages too)

thanks

Chuck S
January 29th, 2007, 10:49 AM
If you only want to use one database and you want to install your Photopost in the same database as your forum enter the forum database details in both parts since your photopost database is going to be that and your user forum database is already those details ;)

I use separate databases personally since it is easier to maintain on backups and they remain small compared to putting all your apps into one which means a bigger database and slow access time after it grows big

Bills
January 29th, 2007, 12:00 PM
thanks for your view on that, I was a bit confused :confused:
So I thought of taking your view on that.
Now it's final, I will also use two separate database.