PDA

View Full Version : 1)Contest Mode 2)vBulletin integration

neverstop
January 27th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Hello,

I have two questions about PhotoPost.

Contest:

I see in this post (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1187539&postcount=4) that you must be a registered user to vote in the contest. Wold it be possible to have this changed to a cookie/ip address type contest. It is very important to me that unregistered guests are able to vote for an image, so much so that I cannot use the software if it cannot be done. Also, is it possible to have the contest on the index page? Does anyone have a demo of a contest up right now that I could register for and just see how it is for a user?

vBulletin:

I am a bit confused about the vBulletin integration. If I purchase PhotoPost would I be able to integrate a fresh install (ie no users/posts) of vBulletin at a later date? What exactly is vBGallery? How is it different from PhotoPost?

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Chuck S
January 28th, 2007, 09:17 AM
About a contest you are free to modify your code however you choose if it does not work how you want.

You must have vbulletin first to integrate Photopos. There is a way to add one later but it requires alot of work and changes which is not for the starter. vbgallery is a lite gallery with not all the features of Photopost that only works with vbulletin. Here is a comparison.

http://www.photopost.com/compare.html

neverstop
January 29th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Hi Chuck,

I am aware I am free to modify the code, but I am not a coder. I need to know how big of an undertaking it would be to have guests vote on the contest. Since most other forums on this board are closed to those of us who have not bought a license I have no way of knowing if it is just editing a few lines of code myself or having to hire a coder. I cant even put a mod request in to even find out if someone is wiling/able to help me out and I can afford to buy the package to only find out it cannot deliver what I need.

This looks like a great product and the reason I am leaning toward buying is the contest feature, but it useless to me unless guests can vote.

Cheers,
Ian

Chuck S
January 29th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I could say it is about a moderate hack not simple but not hard

neverstop
January 31st, 2007, 04:17 PM
OK thanks Chuck I'll take my chances.