PDA

View Full Version : vB3 Integration FAQs

cpanther571376
January 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM
QUOTE: "On PhotoPostDev.Com we use the PhotoPost config-inc.php settings:

$cookie_path = "/";
$cookie_domain = "";
$cookieprefix="bb"; END QUOTE"

I've looked in my config-inc.php file and I see nothing about a cookie setting.
Is this something I just need to ad to the php file? If so, where exactly?
Thanks for any help!!

Chuck S
January 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Your cookie settings are in the admin section under cookie settings

cpanther571376
January 5th, 2007, 11:55 PM
We've been having problems logging into our gallery. I'm assuming this was because of the integration issues.

So, I gathered my cookie and license # info and downloaded the convertor in order to integrate our gallery and forum.
When I tried to run the convertor, here's the message I got.

We have determined that your PhotoPost is currently configured to use UNKNOWN. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THIS CONVERTOR

We're in a serious bind as we're unable to login to our gallery which in turn means I can't get to admin.

Help please!!!

Chuck S
January 6th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Please give me more background on your gallery as in a url integration type etc. You meantion convertor script? More than likely your doing an action some script was not designed for so layout what your gallery use to be integrated with and what your doing now so maybe we can try and find out the issue.

cpanther571376
January 6th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I'll do my best to explain what we've done. We had a "generic" type forum to start out with. We purchased the vB3 forum and had it installed.
Our forum and gallery have always been linked so that members only had to log into one to gain access to both. Our gallery is the photopost PHP.
Forum link: http://www.scrappinggarden.com/forum/
Gallery link: http://www.scrappinggarden.com/gallery/

We began having problems with people not being able to login or upload layouts to the gallery. The usergroups were changing on their own.
I came to the boards here to try to find a solution and found the thread in the FAQ about setting the cookies and running the convertor script.

What has happened recently, as I've been retracing my steps, is probably my own fault as I tried going into Admin and setting the paths to the cookies differently than what was originally there and now we can't login at all. I realize now that I should've run the convertor FIRST but didn't.

So,,,,,as you can see, I'm VERY inexperienced and should never have tried doing it myself and have it all messed up.

I guess it would be quicker and best if we could just hire someone to fix this mess for us. I've looked at the php files to see if I could fix it from there but I don't see anyplace to change those settings back.

Any help or a recommendation to someone who can do this for us would be MOST appreciated. We're basically at a standstill business-wise without the gallery.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Chuck S
January 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM
well if I am following the forum you where integrating with before was not vbulletin and if so these steps should assist you.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1150715&postcount=2