PDA

View Full Version : A few questions on stuff ..

Wyrd
January 4th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Alrighty, I did try to do some quick searching but didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so if it is here, I missed it and I apologize.

So I've gone from VBGallery to Photopost PHP Pro here in the least few weeks and it is certainly a learning curve for me to relearn some of this and to see what goes where and how things interact but I'm figuring it. I do have some questions though.

First, my users have a complaint that when they go to look at members galleries it brings up a page that shows them the profile which is a nice feature for them. Then you click on photo and it brings up recent, popular and random images which frankly, I don't much care for as you then have to click on a photo, then get their user name which shows up top there before you can see the users complete gallery. Any way to change this so that you click on their name in the members gallery or even members gallery>photos that it will take you directly to all of their photos?

Second, I run a lot of contests on my website through the gallery and I thought with the contest setup that it would be rather nice so I splurged a bit and bought Photopost and I'm somewhat wondering if I didn't jump the boat there as it is a bit off for me right now as you can only set it up to have one vote per category. Is there any way (and this would make my things so much better for me!) that this can be setup to have three votes (or ten or two or whatever?). Allowing multiple votes is pretty much key to the contests we run and I would rather not have to take it back to a forum poll if I can avoid it.

Third and last I suppose, with the contests we run, I don't want members being able to know who uploaded what picture so in the old VBGallery I had a category that everyone could upload to, then I went in and changed the user names to 'Contest' and then approved them and moved them into their appropriate sub categories. I can't see a way to do anything like that here but then again, I have missed a few things before. Is there anyway to make an upload category which I can then do my editing so that everything doesn't have to be on moderate?

Oh ... and having a complete brain melt right now .. where the hell is moderate switch for these (he who has had two hours sleep and needs a nap ...).

Thanks for any time and effort here, it is appreciated (admited newb).

-
Nathan

Chuck S
January 4th, 2007, 03:36 PM
First, my users have a complaint that when they go to look at members galleries it brings up a page that shows them the profile which is a nice feature for them. Then you click on photo and it brings up recent, popular and random images which frankly, I don't much care for as you then have to click on a photo, then get their user name which shows up top there before you can see the users complete gallery. Any way to change this so that you click on their name in the members gallery or even members gallery>photos that it will take you directly to all of their photos?

If you click on the thumbnail in the members gallery it takes you to all their photos. Clicking a username much like vbgallery is going to take you to a profile.

Second, I run a lot of contests on my website through the gallery and I thought with the contest setup that it would be rather nice so I splurged a bit and bought Photopost and I'm somewhat wondering if I didn't jump the boat there as it is a bit off for me right now as you can only set it up to have one vote per category. Is there any way (and this would make my things so much better for me!) that this can be setup to have three votes (or ten or two or whatever?). Allowing multiple votes is pretty much key to the contests we run and I would rather not have to take it back to a forum poll if I can avoid it.

You can post in the mod forums to see if anyone wants to help you with that. Code modifications fall outside product support. The contest was coded to allow one vote to be fair. The downside of allowing what you want is someone could vote for the same image twice.

Third and last I suppose, with the contests we run, I don't want members being able to know who uploaded what picture so in the old VBGallery I had a category that everyone could upload to, then I went in and changed the user names to 'Contest' and then approved them and moved them into their appropriate sub categories. I can't see a way to do anything like that here but then again, I have missed a few things before. Is there anyway to make an upload category which I can then do my editing so that everything doesn't have to be on moderate?

Photos are based off userid so changing a username is not possible. Doing so using the admin tool in editphoto to specify another user would actually reassign the photo to user contest. You could post in the mod forum how to remove the username from displaying in showphoto etc. Another mod question

Oh ... and having a complete brain melt right now .. where the hell is moderate switch for these (he who has had two hours sleep and needs a nap ...).

Admin => Edit Usergroups => Require Moderation?