PDA

View Full Version : Concidering Upgrading

JakeC
January 2nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
I have a license for PhotoPost pro but have let it lapse. I currently run version 3.1.1 and am considering updating my license status so that I can upgrade. I have a few questions before doing so.

1. Can I turn off the Video Feature available in 5.x?

2. If the video feature is on, does PhotoPost resize or in anyway modify the video to achieve smaller file sizes?

3. I am running Vbulletin version 2.2.9 and am about to upgrade to 3.6.4. Should I upgrade PhotoPost first then Vbulletin, or vise versa.

4. They are currently using the same database but I am considering using separate. Is this possible and if so, will I be able to make the switch without losing my current photos?

Thanks in advance.

Jake
admin@homebuiltairplanes.com

Chuck S
January 2nd, 2007, 08:56 PM
1. Yes

2. No

3. Upgrade vbulletin and then upgrade photopost but make sure you change the photopost to intergrate with vb3 like so

UPDATE pp_settings SET setting='vb3' WHERE id=41

4. yes you can do that just move the photopost tables to a new database and then enter the new info in your photopost config file

JakeC
January 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
In step 3, is that a mysql query? I do that after moving to a separate database, correct? Is this detailed in the upgrade instructions? I'm broke after renewing my license so I have to upgrade it myself. Thanks.

Jake

JakeC
January 4th, 2007, 03:11 PM
My license has now been updated but I can't post in any of the other forums due to a problem I've already put in a support request for (email mismatch). The support ticket system is not working for me as well so....

Until I have acess I'll ask my questions here.

Can I get a list of mysql database tables PhotoPost uses? You mentioned in step 4 above to move the tables, but unfortunately they were not prefixed during the original installation and I do not know which ones belong to PhotoPost and which ones belong to Vbulletin. Keep in mind that I am currently running PhotoPost Version 3.1.1.

Thanks.

Jake

JakeC
January 4th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Also...In the Upgrade text you provide with the download, here is a quote 1) Check for new config-inc.php variables, some recent additions are:

$cookie_domain has been added for website cookies. I highly recommend setting this to ".youdomain.com" where
yourdomain is the name of your domain. This will enable cookies to be read across your website regardless
of the URL (i.e. galley.website.com and forums.website.com). If you are using a forum integration you
must have this set in both your forums and photopost.
I'm not finding $cookie_domain in config-inc.php. Where is it?
Thanks

Chuck S
January 4th, 2007, 07:49 PM
In admin => cookie settings is cookie domain

You run that query after upgrading to vb3

here is a list of tables

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128982

JakeC
January 4th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks Chuck.

I see you are a PhotoPost developer. Do you have the ability to fix my email snafu? If you can, can you PM me so I can give you the details? Thanks.

Jake

Chuck S
January 4th, 2007, 08:14 PM
The announcement at the top of every forum explains how to verify yourself.

If you need your license details changed then email custserv@photopost.com

JakeC
January 4th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Yep, I went through all of that but I haven’t heard anything as of yet. That’s why I was wondering if you had the power to take care of it.

I took a look at the list of tables and it does not match what tables 3.1.1 uses. This is a list of tables that were on the list in the link you gave me but are not in my database:

admlog
cache
exif
extrafields
iponline
photosextra
photoviews
searchids
stylesheets

These were probably added in later versions of PhotoPost. The problem is, I'm not sure if 3.1.1 had any other tables that were not on the list you mentioned that need to be moved over to the new database. I REALLY wish I had used pre-fixes. Live and learn I guess.

Is there a list of 3.1.1 tables floating around somewhere? Thanks.

Chuck S
January 4th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Please read the announcement at the top of every forum as you have not set the proper email in your forum account

The tables in earlier versions are still what you see in that thread although as you see your not going to have all those tables only some

JakeC
January 4th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Here is the deal. The email I have on file in the member area is not a valid email address. It is a very old one I used to use when I originally purchased PhotoPost in 2002. I could change my PhotoPost forum email to the old email address but then I would not have my correct email in either the forum or member area. When I try to do a trouble ticket it comes back with a 404 error. Go figure. So I put in a request with the sales department in hopes I will get SOME kind of response.

Believe me, I'm not trying to cause anyone any problems I just want to get my info straight so I can get through this database move and the upgrade before I have an aneurism.

---------------
About the tables:
So are you saying that tables were only added in later versions and none were taken away? Put another way, is it possible that 3.1.1 needs a table that does not exist or was re-named in later versions that the list you showed me is based on? I just need to put my mind at ease that the reason my new database is not working is not because it is missing a table but because I’ve screwed something else up. I would like to get it working on the new database before I upgrade.

I've pointed the config-inc file to the new database but it is not functional.

Jake

Chuck S
January 5th, 2007, 07:41 AM
The list of tables should incorporate all 3.11 tables only have more new tables as stated.

Yeah as far as your email only customer service can assist you there not much I can do with changing license info.

JakeC
January 5th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Cool, thanks.

Jake