PDA

View Full Version : phpbb3???

user3657
December 27th, 2006, 02:34 PM
ive read this supports phpbb2, but how about 3?

Chuck S
December 27th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Hello

There is no support for the new PHPBB Beta 3.0 series at this point in time.

Peter
June 12th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Hello

There is no support for the new PHPBB Beta 3.0 series at this point in time.

This mean, if I upgrade my phpbb2 forum to 3, my integrated users will stop working ?

Thanks.

Chuck S
June 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Yes of course we do not support phpbb3 at this time

Peter
June 14th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Yes of course we do not support phpbb3 at this time

Any idea in when a solution for this will come out ?
I am sure a lot of people wants to upgrade phpbb to version 3 and cant do it because there is no support for it here.

Is it in development or something ?

Thanks.

Chuck S
June 14th, 2007, 02:44 PM
As we have noted in other threads it is in development but it is our official policy to not support any non stable beta or non-GOLD release. When we support that forum we will announce this.

Peter
June 14th, 2007, 03:16 PM
As we have noted in other threads it is in development but it is our official policy to not support any non stable beta or non-GOLD release. When we support that forum we will announce this.

As the structure will be exactly as it is right now and it will work the same as the final, isn't a good idea support the users that need it now ?

Maybe as a beta or something ?

Because the integration will work exactly with the RC1 as the Final.

Or is there any info available in how to make it work ?

Thanks.

Chuck S
June 14th, 2007, 03:29 PM
We write integrations when we have time actually and never claim any support until we announce we support it. We have alot of the file coded but still need to handle one last issue before we release any type of support for such a forum.

We are working on it and when it is released our featured integrations will be updated to reflect support for phpbb3

Peter
June 20th, 2007, 05:26 AM
We write integrations when we have time actually and never claim any support until we announce we support it. We have alot of the file coded but still need to handle one last issue before we release any type of support for such a forum.

We are working on it and when it is released our featured integrations will be updated to reflect support for phpbb3

Thanks Chuck, as this seems will take a long time, is there a way to integrate just the users by the time, I am just waiting this integration for updating a site and cant wait too much.

Thanks.

Chuck S
June 20th, 2007, 08:57 AM
No sorry when we support it we will support it.

Big Tom
August 26th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Hey, any update on the phpbb3 support?

Thanks,
Tom

Chuck S
August 26th, 2007, 12:42 PM
We are still working on it

Big Tom
October 14th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Still working on it?

Tom

Peter
October 20th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Any advance on this ?

onewalrus
October 23rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Information on state of development for phpBB3 support?
Does it have to go "gold" before development begins?
Will your most recent release work on phpBB3?

Chuck S
October 23rd, 2007, 10:06 PM
We will not support it till we have a 100% working without any issues integration file. We are about 95% there.

Peter
November 5th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Is there any change about this with pp 6.0.1 ?

Any advance, news or something ?

My site is dead because of it and would really like to have this working.

Thanks.

Chuck S
November 5th, 2007, 12:03 PM
http://omegatron.net/pp6/index.php

Bout 95% there still as I last posted once support dies down around here after the 6 release I can get a chance to look at it again.

Sorry your site is dead but we have not released support for this forum in any capacity. I would be glad to send you what I have as it might be updated more than what you have.

Trying to track down a difference in session cookie is the last thing I need to do.

If you login from phpbb3 everything is fine the login is carried through the forum and gallery. If you login through photopost the login works fine in photopost but is not recognized in phpbb3 so thats the issue we need to track down and that takes time which of course I am trying to find when I am not doing support to finish this up.

Chuck S
November 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Scratch that I just upgraded back up to Release 7 of phpBB. It is going to be a nice long while till we support this forum. They have changed the entire authentication and password routines.

Peter
December 16th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Any progress in this ?

Chuck S
December 16th, 2007, 01:04 PM
No there is no progress with this same ole issue getting the sessions correct.

linkdomain
December 21st, 2007, 10:34 PM
add me to the list of people dieing to get a working version with phpbb3.

Peter
January 12th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Any progress here ?

Thanks.

Chuck S
January 12th, 2008, 01:15 PM
No we can not say whether we can support this or not. phpbb dropped the password from cookies in phpbb and we just cant get a stable integration going. I have tried for months different things and I get almost there but no dice. As we know i do these in my free time which is very minimal with everything else I do here so i dont have alot of time. I am basically trying to tear apart and learn phpbb3 here and thats taking way more time that I would like.

phpBBUser
January 12th, 2008, 04:28 PM
No we can not say whether we can support this or not. phpbb dropped the password from cookies in phpbb and we just cant get a stable integration going. I have tried for months different things and I get almost there but no dice. As we know i do these in my free time which is very minimal with everything else I do here so i dont have alot of time. I am basically trying to tear apart and learn phpbb3 here and thats taking way more time that I would like.
When did phpBB have the password in the cookie, and how does the lack of a password in the cookie make the integration more complex?

Chuck S
January 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM
It makes it way more complex as in how to truly authenticate a user. If there is no password a user can login with any details. The password was in the data cookie serialized in phpbb2. Besides the way they have authenticated things has changed totally all the way down to passwords and sessions.

NeoThermic
January 12th, 2008, 11:20 PM
It makes it way more complex as in how to truly authenticate a user. If there is no password a user can login with any details. The password was in the data cookie serialized in phpbb2. Besides the way they have authenticated things has changed totally all the way down to passwords and sessions.

Hello Chuck.

We removed the password from the cookie for security reasons. Integration with phpBB2 is difficult, however with phpBB3 we now have authentication plugins. This allows you to hook into the login sequence to check for success or not and create usable sessions between external scripts and phpBB3 (and possibly a lot more that I forget at 4:30am). If you look in /includes/auth, you'll find the normal database auth file, and then two others; one for LDAP and one for Apache authentication.

If at any point you get stuck, the MOD Writers Discussion forum (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=71) would be the best place to ask questions with relation to writing an auth plugin.

I hope this helps :)

NeoThermic
phpBB Support Team Leader

Chuck S
January 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Actually integration with phpbb2 was quite easy but we write our own plugins. I might post a questions if I have time.

M Gravlee
January 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I have two sites with PhotoPost and phpBB3. I bought PhotoPost because of the integration. Guess I'll have to look for a different photo program. :mad:

Chuck S
January 13th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Just a note on that Gravlee because you seem to mad thinking we support this forum. Our product details clearly list the forums we integrate with. phpBB3 is not listed as a forum we support on the supported integrations page.

ericb007
January 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Well, In defense of Gravlee, I sincerely must disagree that the "product details clearly list the forums we integrate with." The product details reads "PHPBB2 2.018 and up!" To me, that means anything from 2.018 and up includes phpbb3. I know you guys, as developers, understand the differences. However, when you have folks without that kind of experience, we don't see any difference accept that the latest version must be the most compatible and useful.

I know you, Chuck, work hard on this stuff. And sometimes it seems like folks are griping a lot. I get that from my customers and it can stink. However, I recommend that you put a note by that forum integration list that phpbb3 is not supported. Maybe in parenthesis. Maybe as a footnote.

Until and unless the phpbb3 compatibility issue is resolved, I would think such a change would help prevent future complaints.

Chuck S
January 15th, 2008, 01:16 PM
phpbb2 is a different code branch than phpbb3. We clearly do not support phpbb3 and if I can as I have stated in many threads many times that if I get a supported module we will announce support for phpbb3. Not much more I can add to the issue since I write these in my free time which is not something I have alot of around here. Anyone on these forums knows I support 3 different products here as well as do all installs upgrades and code 2 out of the 4 products which I am working on presently trying to get a beta out of our classifieds.

ericb007
January 15th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Chuck, my man, you've got to understand. :cool: I never knew the difference (2.018 and up means everything of that version and up: 3,4,5, etc). Nor would any other person not working your field full-time.

I'm a photo retoucher, not a developer. When they say a new plug-in for Photoshop is compatible with CS1 and up, I think it will work with CS3. The only difference that I noticed between phpbb2 and phpbb3 was aesthetic and that the experts in phpbb.com recommended it.

I'm only suggesting that you add a note to that product page about phpbb3 to save you the headache of dealing with the complaints. :cool:

Thanks for your help and patience regardless.

Chuck S
January 15th, 2008, 01:43 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114560

Is this what you want to see. I dont think there is any confusion there. We support phpbb2.

The simple point I was making is just because we support every sub version of phpbb 2 it does not mean we support phpbb3.

ericb007
January 15th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Nope. I never saw that one. Good to see. But I'm talking about http://www.photopost.com/featuresphp.html#forum

See it says "phpbb2...and up!" That's the one that most people see. I suggest you change that one. That's the one that I used to make my decision to use phpbb3. I suspect that is the cause of most of the confusion out here.

Believe me, Chuck, your simple point is not necessarily so for a novice. It's the nature of customer service: Full of nuances. Repetition is your insurance.:)

Chuck S
January 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Someone else would need to change that page as I cant ;) but will pass it along

Aussie Aviator
January 16th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Chuck, there is discussion over at phpbb.com. The folks there are willing to help you out. This may be of some help to you - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=693675&sid=17b917253f21a6ea704fd9bebb6c1793&p=3915375#p3915375

I am eagerly awaiting integration so that I may upgrade. All my members love the photopost gallery.

I know that phpbb3 can be a pain in the butt coding as I am in the process of designing a new template with lots of modifications.

Please keep us up to date if you can.

Chuck S
January 16th, 2008, 08:54 AM
When I get free time I would gladly work with someone there for some pointers. I have had 90% working module for months.

netfreehost
January 21st, 2008, 03:17 PM
I have not yet upgraded to phpBB3 as photopost do not support it. Waiting for phpBB3 bridge :)

Peter
January 21st, 2008, 03:38 PM
I bought PhotoPost because of the integration.

Same here, hope this comes out quick.

Peter

vulf
January 24th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Same here. Would love to upgrade to phpbb3 but my site is dependent on photopost as well. I'm anxious to see a plugin or fix to make these two sweet packages talk to each other. I am sure it's just a matter of time before it will come out. Seeing how long it took to go from phpbb2.x to phpbb3 we should cut the photopost devs some slack.

Chuck S
January 24th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah learning a new forum takes time and if we can get a consistent working integration we will release it.

Peter
January 31st, 2008, 02:33 PM
Seeing how long it took to go from phpbb2.x to phpbb3 we should cut the photopost devs some slack.

From post 1 to this post, 1 year and 1 month.

Lets hope it does not take another year.

Chuck S
January 31st, 2008, 03:24 PM
We did not start working on phpbb3 till september of 2007 to my knowledge but as of right now this has been tabled till I am finished with classifieds beta.

ParadiseBodies
February 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
2007?

Peter
February 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I mean this thread started "December 27th, 2006, 08:34 PM"
So I hope the integration comes out sometime, not 2 years after.

Dec 2007 started, now its feb 2008, lets hope we dont get to 2 years for it.

Chuck S
February 7th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I can only post when I began working on an integration and I did send out some beta modules to a few people one of which was you.

dude_man_dude
February 8th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Just wanted to chime in and say I'm interested in both the photopost classifieds and gallery for phpbb 3. I'm also interested in testing any beta releases for either of these when they're available. Just let me know.

silknet01
February 11th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I just need some sort of user-login integration with phpbb3. Any sort of style/template integration is not important for us right now.

I'm going to start work on such a project myself, as I kind of need something like this yesterday -- well, actually, by the end of this month is my actual goal.

If anyone else has looked at doing this themselves as well, let me know. Maybe we can work together on this...

Chuck S
February 12th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Well pretty much thing I got it so when we include this in our releases I will announce support for phpbb3

silknet01
February 12th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Awesome news Chuck! Thanks!! :)

Chuck S
February 12th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah phpbb 3 is whacky they changed the autentication even after they released 3.0 last month or so very strange thats why I dont work with betas and usually wait till stable code comes out.

mgravlee
February 17th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Hope this works out. We really need it!

Chuck S
February 17th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Well the integration I wrote was written on the latest phpbb3 download so it works fine.

http://www.omegatron.net/phpBB3

http://www.omegatron.net/gallery

Feel free to create a login and test

As far as downloading it we will announce when Photopost Pro download has been updated with the code supporting phpbb3, It should be shortly

Aussie Aviator
February 17th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Will this be a free download or one we have to pay for?

Chuck S
February 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM
You will need to have access to the latest photopost code to download it as with any Photopost update.

ParadiseBodies
February 18th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Cool.

Hope it will not take to long for a ReviewPost integration also :-)

Chuck S
February 18th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Reviewpost and Classifieds downloads have already been upgraded to support phpbb3 in the downloads area.

andrex
February 18th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Chuck

Thanks for posting the links above for testing of the phpbb3 integration. I just created a user id on your phpbb3 link (tester) and logged in. I then went to the gallery link and checked that out. Everything was fine. I logged out and then I entered my user name and no password. I was successfully logged in. I also tried this with the wrong password and was logged in as well. If I close down my browser and try again, then the problem goes away.

My browser is Firefox 2.0.0.12, but I tried this on IE as well - same problem.

If I try to login using the same scenarios from the phpBB3 link then they correctly fail even if the browser is not restarted.

I guess this is only an issue for a shared computer, but it's still not good.

Thanks

Chuck S
February 18th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Try it now ;)

Swanny
February 18th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Reviewpost and Classifieds downloads have already been upgraded to support phpbb3 in the downloads area.

Really!!?? I have one site that's running phpBB2 and ReviewPost only. So that means I can do the upgrade!!?? YES!!

Chuck S
February 18th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Exactly you can go download now.

andrex
February 18th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hmmm. The original problem I had seems to have been fixed, thanks!

Now I have a new problem where I try to login from the gallery page and, although the usual 'login successful' message is displayed, it seems to fail to change the status in Photopost (I still see the Login link at the top of the index page and I can't comment, etc.).

If I take a look at the phpBB3 page them I am logged in there correctly. I tried the login from the phpBB3 page and then moved over to the gallery page, but Photopost doesn't seems to recognize that I am logged in.

Swanny
February 18th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Sweet, thanks. Quick question. Which should I upgrade first? I'm guessing I should upgrade ReviewPost since it supports phpBB 2.x just fine. Then upgrade phpBB to v3.... ?

Chuck S
February 18th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Yes you can do that just make sure you set in the database settings table of reviewpost setting 165 the smfcookie variable to your phpbb3 cookie name and setting 41 change to phpbb3 and you should be fine.

Swanny
February 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Chuck, since this is the "pre-sales" forum, I posted a new thread over here:
https://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1217492

Chuck S
February 18th, 2008, 01:37 PM
answered have a good day

dude_man_dude
February 18th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Chuck,

Please tell me if I'm right - I can now purchase PhotoPost Classifieds, download it, and it will work fine with PHPBB 3.0 ?

Chuck S
February 18th, 2008, 09:20 PM
yes it will

dude_man_dude
February 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Great! I've been waiting for this one for a while.

Can the classifieds categories be integrated into PHPBB 3.0 so that they appear in the list of forum categories within PHPBB 3.0, or is the classifieds a stand-alone product only? If integration into the list of PHPBB 3.0 categories is possible, where do I find installation instructions on how to do this?

andrex
February 18th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Just reposting this to make sure that Chuck didn't miss it among the other posts to this thread.

Hmmm. The original problem I had seems to have been fixed, thanks!

Now I have a new problem where I try to login from the gallery page and, although the usual 'login successful' message is displayed, it seems to fail to change the status in Photopost (I still see the Login link at the top of the index page and I can't comment, etc.).

If I take a look at the phpBB3 page them I am logged in there correctly. I tried the login from the phpBB3 page and then moved over to the gallery page, but Photopost doesn't seems to recognize that I am logged in.

Chuck S
February 19th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Why are you posting this though so you have lost me as this is a discussion on are you going to support phpbb3? We have not even released a supported phpbb3 module yet. Once we do users will be able to integrate with phpbb3. I have written a module thats works fine and at this point I do beleive we are awaiting to release it.

andrex
February 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Er. Because I assumed you wanted me to as it seemed like you asked me to.

Here (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1217389&postcount=54) you stated that you had created a test site for the phpBB3 code and you said, "Feel free to create a login and test".

Here (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1217477&postcount=59) I documented my test results.

Here (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1217482&postcount=60) you said, "try it now".

Here (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1217488&postcount=63) I posted the results after I'd tested it again after your instructions to do so.

And here (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1217545&postcount=71) I posted the results again because there was some other chatter on this thread and I guessed you had missed my response.

Chuck S
February 19th, 2008, 11:35 AM
As stated I see no issues on my site. I can not login with an empty password nor can I login with the wrong password and if I login correctly I am indeed logged in. These are issues we have already addressed priorly. It seems you are bumping these fixes issues back up to the top as you dont beleive I ever saw them.

I will announce when we officially support phpbb3 as we are awaiting as I stated for Michael to update the build.

Michael P
February 19th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I have updated with build with today's date and added the forums/phpbb3.php script.

highlands_trader
March 1st, 2008, 10:36 PM
I recently purchased Classifieds to run with phpBB3, and after receiving awesome customer support for it and seeing the quality of it, I'm ready to purchase PhotoPost Pro Gallery ... whenever you guys have phpBB3 support/integration ready for it, that is. So, are you close to having Pro Gallery working with phpBB3? If not, how far away will it be?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Chuck S
March 1st, 2008, 11:07 PM
I already finished that weeks ago. all our products support phpbb3.

highlands_trader
March 2nd, 2008, 01:37 AM
Thanks Chuck .... that's good news. I thought Classifieds was the only PP product supporting phpBB3 now. There's not a lot of talk on the PP forums about it yet, and I've overlooked it somehow. I'm ready for it.

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
No problem enjoy.