PDA

View Full Version : Forum Question

Burger
November 30th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Hi,

New member here and I just know I've missed some info somewhere... sorry... but I have looked.

I can't see any posts in the Mods area of the forum. Is there something I'm supposed to do or register for?

Thanks,

Dave.

Michael P
November 30th, 2006, 07:11 AM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=68

Burger
November 30th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Thank you for the pointer, not sure how I missed it.

Here's my problem then. I am an admin on a forum that is a valid licence holder for your product. However, there are two of us, and we don't share the same email address. We do though both work on the forum code. How then can I get access to the mods area please?

Many thanks,

Dave.

Chuck S
November 30th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Through the normal way to do things you could not get access unless you use his email.

Now say if you have the license owner say set the email for the license to say a catchall account like photopost@yourdomain.com you could use that email but the long and short of the process is only one of you can be verified on the forum since the verification system match's forum users against email's on file for license holders to verify them. Since you can only use a unique email on the forum then only the license holder themselves can be verified.

He could download the mod you want to use for you.

Burger
November 30th, 2006, 10:26 AM
OK, well thanks for the explanation... it's such a great shame people feel it neccessary to put such obstructive security ahead of information and knowledge sharing, but I understand the reasons.

Oh, and he can't download the mod I want because I can't get in to read about them, I don't even know if the one I'm after exists.

Regards,

Dave.

Chuck S
November 30th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Our forums are totally open to the public and we use the verification system to ensure license holders ONLY have access to code blocks etc. This obviously is in response to combate software piracy. Most sites have a security system in place such as this. I know vbulletin.org uses such a system where your forum email must match the vbulletin.com license email in order to see code blocks on there mod site. We do the same thing.

Burger
December 1st, 2006, 09:58 AM
Then I think something is wrong Chuck because I can't see any posts in the mod sections. I can see post counts... but there are no posts.

I can understand code snippets being hidden.

Heck, I can't even open the attachment I just put on this post.

Regards,

Dave.

Chuck S
December 1st, 2006, 10:05 AM
No mod sections are totally not able to be seen by non verified members sorry, I meant as a regular user you can see the support forums you just cant see code or post there.