PDA

View Full Version : Login error - "Cannot modify header information"...

brewster
November 29th, 2006, 03:07 PM
When I try to login I get these errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mydomian/public_html/gallery/config-int.php:60) in /home/mydomian/public_html/gallery/forums/photopost.php on line 148

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mydomian/public_html/gallery/config-int.php:60) in /home/mydomian/public_html/gallery/forums/photopost.php on line 150

Login Successful!

I am not sure why this is happening because I have not changed anything on the site or in the code for months but this problem is new. I am not using the forums either.

Chuck S
November 29th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Make sure you have no trailing space or characters after the closing ?> in both of the files mentioned above.

brewster
December 4th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Make sure you have no trailing space or characters after the closing ?> in both of the files mentioned above.I looked at both files and took out a few spaces but this did not help. As I mentioned, I have not changed any files or settings in the admin area in months so I am thinking something changed on my web host's end??

Chuck S
December 4th, 2006, 11:44 AM
The cause of this error is usually what we noted. You could try reuploading all files except the config-inc.php file and then you can login and reset the edit integration stuff in admin to update the config-int.php file

However your editing things seems to be placing extra characters at the end of files.

brewster
December 4th, 2006, 12:02 PM
The cause of this error is usually what we noted. You could try reuploading all files except the config-inc.php file and then you can login and reset the edit integration stuff in admin to update the config-int.php file

However your editing things seems to be placing extra characters at the end of files.I am wondering if I do that if I should just upgrade at the same time, I downloaded v. 5.5 last month... When I first bought the software, I did some code editing with Dreamweaver and no problems that is still what I use.

I would like to again stress, I have not touched the site or code for months and this just started to happen. In addition, the two files in question had never been opened before so I am not sure how this trailing space thing would have occurred anyway.

Chuck S
December 4th, 2006, 12:17 PM
dreamweaver could be doing it sure but the only way to be sure to fix it is upload clean files you dont or have not edited