PDA

View Full Version : "Show Avatars"

jwhitfie
October 20th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Chuck, in the admin config sections for "Index" and "Show Photo Options" there are statements about showing category Avatars. If I set this to "yes" a new column shows up on my Index page. How and where do I insert and Avatar? Is this something that put into the coding on that page of the website? Appreciate the help....jw

Chuck S
October 20th, 2006, 10:47 AM
As ad admin you can view a photo in a category and hit depending on your version either

MAKE INDEX THUMB

MAKE ALBUM COVER

jwhitfie
October 20th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Chuck, I upgraded earlier in the year, but I can't seem to find anything that says which version I have. I'm not sure what you mean when you say: "you can view a photo in a category and hit" I've looked through all the configuration areas and I can find anything that says:
"MAKE INDEX THUMB

MAKE ALBUM COVER"

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what "Show Avatar" means, but I'm thinking I can put a little picture of some sort next to each of my photo categories. Am I thinking correctly??....j

As ad admin you can view a photo in a category and hit depending on your version either

MAKE INDEX THUMB

MAKE ALBUM COVER

Chuck S
October 20th, 2006, 11:31 AM
If you view a photo within a category as an admin you will see a link MAKE INDEX THUMB and that will be your cat avatar

jwhitfie
October 20th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Cool...thanks for the help on that. Now, is there a way to increase the size of that avatar??

If you view a photo within a category as an admin you will see a link MAKE INDEX THUMB and that will be your cat avatar

Chuck S
October 20th, 2006, 12:49 PM
The avatars are half the size of a thumbnail by default as seen here in pp-inc.php. You can change the .5 to .75 or 1 max

$imgh = round( $thumbh / $scaleFactor ) * .5;
$imgw = round( $thumbw / $scaleFactor ) * .5;

jwhitfie
October 20th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Hey Chuck, I found this program, code or whatever the technical name for it is, now can you advise me as to the approximate line or page it might be? I copied the whole thing and pasted into word so that I could see more at one time and it's 110 pages long. I visually scanned it, but could find the statements below....jw

The avatars are half the size of a thumbnail by default as seen here in pp-inc.php. You can change the .5 to .75 or 1 max

$imgh = round( $thumbh / $scaleFactor ) * .5;
$imgw = round( $thumbw / $scaleFactor ) * .5;

Chuck S
October 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM
You need to do a search for one of those lines around line 3792 but if your not using the current version your lines may be different

jwhitfie
October 20th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Found it Chuck, changed it to 1 and got the result I was looking for....thx for the help....jw:D

You need to do a search for one of those lines around line 3792 but if your not using the current version your lines may be different