PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chuck..."This page cannot be displayed"

jwhitfie
October 18th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Chuck,

Haven't made any configuration changes lately, but been trying to upload new pics to my site and between clicking the "submit" button and the thumbnail images poping up on my screen, I get "This page cannot be displayed". I've checked with my webhost and his system is running fine, no changes, but he's continueing to check into it on his end. Do you have any suggestions for PP possible problems???

Chuck S
October 18th, 2006, 11:18 AM
What image processor are you using? Try this if GD2

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127941&highlight=ini_set

jwhitfie
October 18th, 2006, 11:35 AM
We've tried both GD1 and GD2. Same result....

What image processor are you using? Try this if GD2

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127941&highlight=ini_set

Chuck S
October 18th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Did you increase you PHP memory as noted in the thread I posted. You need to post more info like url to site test regular user login. what size files upload and when does it crap out what size file etc?

jwhitfie
October 18th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Hey Chuck, I'm not the techinical coding guru, I'm still learning this stuff and I'm a slow learner. But in general, I've been uploading picks using PP for several years now. Why all of a sudden would I need to change or increase anything? For this specific case I'm only trying to load one image with a file size of 200k. Typically I upload zip files somewhere in the 1 to 2 meg size....

Did you increase you PHP memory as noted in the thread I posted. You need to post more info like url to site test regular user login. what size files upload and when does it crap out what size file etc?

Chuck S
October 18th, 2006, 12:03 PM
If your using GD2 it is prone to crap out from using up PHP memory. Making the change I noted usually helps. You need to try that. You most likely have enough unprocessed images in your uploads directory which is making PHP crap out. You can also try deleting all files under your uploads/1 directory in photopost

jwhitfie
October 18th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Chuck, I sent a copy of this conversation to my webhost with your suggestions for a possible fix....I'll let you know the result....thx

If your using GD2 it is prone to crap out from using up PHP memory. Making the change I noted usually helps. You need to try that. You most likely have enough unprocessed images in your uploads directory which is making PHP crap out. You can also try deleting all files under your uploads/1 directory in photopost

jwhitfie
October 18th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Hey Chuck, well your comment about the uploads directory still having the unprocessed images probably causing the upload function to crash was the answer. I went in and looked in the file. Seems the first image I tried to load was a full sized file of 4.4meg. All subsequent uploads didn't work because this image as well as the other uploads were still sitting there unprocessed. I deleted them all and re-tried and it worked. I didn't realize that if the system crashed that the image would still be there waiting to be processed, I figured since it wasn't processed, that it was dumped. I'll remember this problem for future reference. Thx for the help....jw

Chuck, I sent a copy of this conversation to my webhost with your suggestions for a possible fix....I'll let you know the result....thx