View Full Version : Suggestion for a PhotoPost Blog

October 16th, 2006, 05:43 AM

Just an idea but I think an excellent addition to your suite of software packages would be blogging software or something like myspace. I'm not really familiar with mypace but I know what it is and the popularity of it.

On my vBulletin/PhotoPost/PhotoPost Classifieds site, I have several users that create interesting content and the ability for each user to create his own blog and upload photos, etc., would be quite useful I think.

I have seen things like this discussed on vBulletin.org and I am not aware that such a thing exists. If it does, I have missed it.

I for one would be willing to pay for something like that as I think it would increase the popularity of any site that used it.

Especially if posts to it were integrated into the active topics page on vBulletin, which I wish posts to PhotoPost and Classifieds were also.

Just a thought.

Michael P
October 16th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I have this PhotoPost version of a blog running on ExtremeFitness.Com:

but I'm not sure its what people want/need (I wrote it based on my own needs) and I simply haven't had the time to invest in it to make it something we can release.

October 16th, 2006, 09:09 AM
That's interesting Michael.

What I would think would be good would be for something to integrate with VB the same way that PP and the rest of the software here does - install it and you're just about good to go with the regular header and footer.

If posts to a blog were very similar to the forums, each user could do his/her own thing.

I'm no software developer but I'm guessing that the elements are already in place in most of the software here to be able to develop that and I think that it could be a giant draw for forum/community sites.

Michael P
October 16th, 2006, 09:39 AM
That's exactly what my blog does - that version is integrated with my vB forums as you can see. Weather this will be refined for release or not is still up for debate.

October 16th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I, for one, would like to see it happen.

December 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
This looks pretty close to what I would like to see!!!

On an automotive site, I want someone to be able to post an article with images on how to:

Install a camshaft...etc.,etc.,...

Then other users can suggest that "I find that if I .... it works this way"

The original poster should be able to edit or add to his article at any time.

December 16th, 2006, 11:33 AM
See this site (http://www.vblogetin.com). It's great software.

December 16th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Hey that does look good Pirate45 and a good price.