PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds - Purchase directly from ad?

nul7
October 15th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I'm looking for a solution for members to sell their products for a new forum I've started (www.crookedh.com), and it seems PhotoPost Classifieds may be what I'm looking for. Now I've looked at several "example" sites, and one thing I don't see is a way to purchase the item directly from the ad. Is this not a feature of PPC? Or is this simply because I am not registering for these sites and therefore do not have permissions to view the "Buy It Now" (or whatever it may be) button?

Chuck S
October 15th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Classifieds has the option if the user chooses they have allow someone to purchase the ad directly through paypal

nul7
October 15th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Classifieds has the option if the user chooses they have allow someone to purchase the ad directly through paypal

Thank you for the reply, but I actually meant to purchase the item the ad was discussing, not purchasing the actual ad. Say I posted an ad, would a "customer" be able to click a "buy it now" in the ad and automatically be taken to a payment gateway to pay for the item or do they have to contact me and we work it out on our own? Then I have to go back, find my ad, and manually mark the item as sold?

Chuck S
October 15th, 2006, 11:49 AM
This is what I just said. Yes you buy the ad when viewing it the program in turn marks the ad sold if it is bought by someone.

nul7
October 15th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks again. I think there may be a miscommunication here. So by "buying the ad" you're referring to the item listed in the ad, and not purchasing the ad space itself (placing an ad) correct? If so, for the life of me, I cannot find a "Purchase" or "Buy it Now" button/link on any ad in any of the example sites. I even registered for a few just to see if it was a registration restriction, but still a no go. Would it be possible for you to post an explanation on where this link/button is on the screen or even better a screen shot. I'm sorry, I feel like a moron right now and apologize for taking up your time, but this is an important feature for my site, so just have to be 100% sure we're on the same page here. :)

Thanks, again.

Chuck S
October 15th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Yes paying to post an ad and purchasing the ad are to separate things.

http://www.reeftalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=139

nul7
October 15th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Gotcha... registered for reeftalk (and viperalley) as "classtest" if you want to delete the account. I guess the "Buy It Now" link can be disabled, as I could not find it on other boards? Thanks, will be purchasing tomorrow.

Chuck S
October 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Yes the user selects whether they want to purchase there or not.