PDA

View Full Version : I cant change CHMOD on my FTP?

Nito
October 7th, 2006, 06:51 AM
I cant change CHMOD on my FTP? i can change it but it turns back to 666 when i click ok, what tot do? im lost...

Chuck S
October 7th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Ask your host about this as if your on Linux you should be able to chmod on ftp fine.

Nito
October 7th, 2006, 10:49 AM
it´s windows server but they say that i have premissions to change it anyway, but i cant?
i have another domain on that server and on that one i can change the premissions.

Chuck S
October 7th, 2006, 11:00 AM
If your on windows then permissions can only be changed on the backend not through ftp client

Check your control panel to see if you have such a backend utility. A chmod command is simply not recognised in windows

Nito
October 7th, 2006, 11:01 AM
i have read/write premissions on my rootfolder so i must(?) have premissions to everything in it?

Chuck S
October 7th, 2006, 12:52 PM
read write is fine for photopost main folder etc. The data and uploads folders must be read write execute for file uploads to work

Nito
October 7th, 2006, 01:12 PM
the problem is that i cant install photopost at all, this is what i get when i go to install:
You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Chuck S
October 7th, 2006, 05:04 PM
You need to work with your host

http://www.photopost.com/installphp.html

That is the permissions needed. Your scripts are not even accessible to the web so there is no way the directory is read write that I see if you get a message such as that

Nito
October 9th, 2006, 11:34 AM
problem solved, the problem was with my host, they had some setting wron g for my account.
now i get this mess:
Notice: Undefined variable: argv in g:\home\jaktbilder.se\wwwroot\pp\index.php on line 15
-what does "argv" means?