PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost vBGallery media uploads?

igneous
October 6th, 2006, 08:31 AM
as a vB board owner, PP vBG would of course be my preference, as it seems to offer deeper and smoother integration. however, my concern is media uploads. I do not want to purchase PP Pro just to be able to upload videos to the gallery. PP Pro looks nice, but it seems to be a bit too 'heavy' for me right now and, as someone here said, PP Pro is still a long way away from having proper vB integration. so the question is: will PP vBG ever support media uploads? I could live without them for some time, but in the long run that feature will be essential for me.

and some more questions. what's the difference (feature-wise) between vBAdvanced Gallery that I remember and that new PP vBG that has just been released? all I found was totally irrelevant file and template changes, but no information whatsoever about the new features.

and last, but not least, how easy will it be to move the gallery to a different server (together with the rest of the site, of course)? I have experience in moving vB, but what about vBG?

Chuck S
October 6th, 2006, 08:57 AM
PP Pro is still a long way away from having proper vB integration

Both products use the same exact integration type on the front end. The only difference is vbgallery's admin panel and templates etc are within vbulletin meaning its an addon to vb.

vbgallery features are listed here

http://www.photopost.com/compare.html

You can upload video in vbgallery just you can not play it inline like Photopost pro. There really has not been any new features included to my knowledge. It is a bunch of bugfixes and vbulletin 3.6 compatiblity since the release of 1.3

Moving the program is much like any other program you need to ensure to move it reset any applicable file and directory permissions and verify the server path statements if they have changed on the new server so uploads work.

Ramses
October 6th, 2006, 09:42 AM
With this hack (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118781) you can play it inline too.