PDA

View Full Version : How do you alter randompal number?

b6gm6n
October 1st, 2006, 05:18 PM
Hi... got a nice sidebar of random images (6) on my index after the smooth upgrade to 5.5...just wondering how can i alter the amount shown?

cheers

Chuck S
October 1st, 2006, 05:25 PM
That is what is sent to the script in your sidebar template

display_gallery("random", "", "", 1, 6, 1);

Curently in the sidebar templates and showframe.php its limited to one column of 6 photos or undercats pal 2 rows 2 photos. You could see easy enough where to change it in both places ;)

b6gm6n
October 1st, 2006, 05:46 PM
yeah got it...

$grabnum = $Globals['recentnum'] + 5;

got me for a bit also..sorted

b6gm6n
October 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM
nope aint got it... basically i thought it was this >

$rphotos = $Globals['recentnum'];
manually edited to 1...you see the index shows 6 regarless of what i do there... if i click more...then i get the number i want... what am i missing?

-b6

b6gm6n
October 1st, 2006, 05:56 PM
bizzare, showing 6 everytime i hit index...

tell ya what would be nice... an option to alter that number from admin someplace rather then these edits :)

Chuck S
October 1st, 2006, 05:58 PM
No neither of those lines. You will see the hard coded $rphotos = 6; line ;)

In your sidebar template you will see the line I posted above you change the 6 to something else if you want that as default

b6gm6n
October 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM
i have no template named 'sidebar' i thought i didnt before thus i started looking through showframe.php... i'll go looking for it... could find it anyways, i'll try again... i may have not uploaded it from 5.5

b6gm6n
October 1st, 2006, 06:08 PM
sidebar_leftopen got it!

Chuck S
October 1st, 2006, 06:11 PM
sidebar was a relative term meaning you would have looked in those templates are saw what I mean. I dont know what sidebar your using hense I said sidebar template and there are only 4 so.

To be exact its sidebar_leftopen and sidebar_rightclose