PDA

View Full Version : Photopost and vBGallery

Blootix
September 17th, 2006, 09:43 PM
What are the differences between these two products? I can't decide which one to buy so I'm wondering if some experienced users can give me some feedback.

Also, if I want to have my vBulletin forum and a Photopost gallery, does that mean I need two vBulletin licenses?

KW802
September 17th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Blootix,

In answer to your first question, try this link for a quick over view comparison of the two products...

http://www.photopost.com/compare.html

For the second question, no, you will only need only vBulletin license. vBGallery requires vBulletin so to run vBGallery you would need to have a vBulletin up & running first and then a vBGallery license. PhotoPost Pro, on other hand, does not require any other software and can be used stand-alone.

Blootix
September 18th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Hmm... it says that vBG will not support video files on top, but it contradicts that down in "other features." Multimedia is one of my main concerns, because I want to upload videos onto my gallery.

I'm definitely more interested in Photopost at the moment because it can stand alone and does not disturb the forum environment. Can Photopost increase post count for comments? Would Photopost have databases in the vBulletin database or elsewhere?

Michael P
September 18th, 2006, 07:08 AM
PhotoPost PRO does increase post count for photos and comments in the gallery (this can be turned off/on). PhotoPost PRO also allows you to run the gallery database in a seperate database from vB (PhotoPost Gallery installs in the same db as vB).

Quarterbore
September 18th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Is the Galary program being updated along with the Pro program?

I have two sites with Photopost Pro and I like it but it has way more features then I need. So, I am considering buying Gallary for a third site that is due for a vB 3. upgrade and at that point I will want to add a Gallary system.

I just want to verify that I am not buying into a dead end product...

Michael P
September 18th, 2006, 11:51 AM
No, development on vBGallery continues and the version for vB3.6 is currently in BETA.

Blootix
September 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Does Photopost PRO support 3.6? Does it support multimedia such as .flv, .mpeg, .avi etc?

Chuck S
September 18th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Photopost supports multimedia files you can upload them yes and it supports vb 3.6

Blootix
September 18th, 2006, 10:25 PM
One of the last questions:

Can the comment system increase the forum's post count? i.e. if User A posts in the gallery, the forum statistics would go up.

Michael P
September 18th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Yes, as I indicated above photos and comments can be set to increase a users post count.

Blootix
September 22nd, 2006, 11:17 PM
I purchased, so where do I download?? And how come I still can't post in the support forums??

EDIT: Oh I just read the email. Aww I was hoping to play with the script tonight :(