PDA

View Full Version : Buying with PayPal

netfreehost
September 15th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Hi,

I want to buy PhotoPost. The yahoo shoping cart accept payment through credit only. Is there any way i can purchase photo post with paypal ?

Thanks,

Yujin

Chuck S
September 15th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Payment is made through the credit cards specified sorry

netfreehost
September 15th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Is there anyway i can buy it with Paypal ? I have verified business account, i prefer paypal as i have fund in paypal and it is not easy to get these fund to my country, used to pay for servers. If you can consider this as special case, it will be great :-)

sirchadlington
September 29th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I am wondering the same thing. I can only use Paypal, not credit card.

Is there an option so I can pay with Paypal and you guys manually set me up?

Otherwise I'll have to just buy the cheaper vbgallery script using Paypal :(

Chuck S
September 29th, 2006, 10:07 PM
There is nothing we can respond to here.

You can email sales@photopost.com

sirchadlington
September 29th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Im curious why you cant respond... but i'll e-mail sales@photopost.com anyways.

sirchadlington
September 29th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Email sent.

Chuck S
September 29th, 2006, 10:43 PM
We accept paypal for only vbgallery since it is not in our store.

Our policy is that if your ordering our products you pay through our store which is credit cards.

If you want to ask a sales question in regards to the fact are they going to break our policy you need to contact sales directory.

This is the support forum your posting on hense we dont answer for sales.

sirchadlington
September 29th, 2006, 11:39 PM
No problem. Thanks! :)

Ramses
October 16th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I really don't understand why photopost isn't offering payments by paypal, on vbhacks-germany are two potentially customers you don't get because of this policy. And I think there are a lot more of people out with no credit card.

Chuck S
October 16th, 2006, 01:20 PM
We do not use paypal because it is a non secure method of payment.

This is because since we do not ship a physical product that we can show paypal a user can always revert the charge and leave us high and dry.

Ramses
October 16th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Ok thanks, thought paypal is a secure payment.

Michael P
October 16th, 2006, 02:45 PM
It isn't "secure" from our perspective; as a software vendor we have virtually no security in knowing that the payment will be processed as PayPal can revoke the payment even months after the fact without any correspondence or ability to dispute on our part.

PayPal themsleves will tell you that for companies that distribute software via the web, their payment system is not a viable solution (assuming you can get someone to talk to you). That is the response we got after a protracted attempt to establish a relationship with PayPal.

Ramses
October 17th, 2006, 10:02 AM
It's only little bit curious the most sw vendors accept it, so vbgeek, vbulletin, vba etc. if there's maybe 1 customer out from 10 revoking the payment it should your company bring more profit at all instead loosing this customers. But it's surely your decision, if it was me I'd not like to lose this extra money. ;)

Michael P
October 17th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I've discussed this with Scott and we'll re-evaluate this decision which was based on experiences 3-4 years ago. Maybe there are better protections in place for us now, we'll look into it.

Besides fraud, the question of how PayPal handles a customer that just wants a refund because they changed their mind after getting our code is our biggest concern.

igneous
October 17th, 2006, 10:20 AM
around half a year ago I've tried refunding a payment I made for a forum subscribtion and PayPal said that they cannot offer refunds for electronically purchased products

Ramses
October 17th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I've discussed this with Scott and we'll re-evaluate this decision which was based on experiences 3-4 years ago. Maybe there are better protections in place for us now, we'll look into it.

Besides fraud, the question of how PayPal handles a customer that just wants a refund because they changed their mind after getting our code is our biggest concern.
That would be cool Michael, for us customers without cc, and for your company. Thanks.

Chuck S
October 17th, 2006, 11:19 AM
If Paypal can confirm they do not offer refunds for electronic distributed goods then I would say our President would as Michael said relook at this issue.

snoopy5
October 19th, 2006, 03:55 AM
@ chuck & Michael

the same problem arise with any kind of virtual content we are selling on the net, i.e. community access to forums and galleries.

There is a workaround for this:

You can change the settings in your PayPal account, so that you do not accept credit card payments or checks with you PayPal account. Only cash.

Most fraud is done with checks, that are not covered or if a user is saying to his credit card company, that he did not authorized that money transfer 3 months later. I went through all of this. A lot of work and only 80% of the cases you get finally your money as a seller.

Simply disable these 2 options in your PayPal profile as a seller, and only people who have really cash on their paypal account can pay Photopost with paypal.

At the same time, if Paypal nevertheless starts withholding money, send them an e-mail that this is virtual content. Try to contact them and they shall write in their databse, that you are selling ONLY virtual content, nothing else with this paypal account.

The whole buyer protection system of paypal is from the perspective, that someone bought something at ebay. So a good is delivered. This is not the case with virtual content (i.e. software and community access), so PayPal will not block the money then in the future.

I think everybody here will try to make money with his photopost licence in the long run and paypal is by far the best way to make money with users on the net. So it is normal, that you can increase your sales with paypal orders who want to buy photopost.

And yes, the sales team is accepting on a invidual basis paypal if you talk to them. All my PP/ RP/ CL licences have been paid with Paypal (>10)

Chuck S
October 19th, 2006, 09:34 AM
We have always accepted paypal from previous customers whom had usually been a customer before. I know the issue is being looked into to see if Paypal has become friendly to software merchants