PDA

View Full Version : Installation Error step 5

CeBra
September 14th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Hi

I do get a script error in step 5:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/htdocs/w005c921/photopost/forums/vb3.php on line 515

any idea what might cause this failure?

I want to integrate photopost pro into vb 3.60.

Error occurs both when using the same db as vb and a seperate one.

And: how do I get access to the other (support) forums? I have purchase the license yesterday and access to member area, but the ticket system-link leads to homepage and forum access says I don't have rights to ... (you know...)

Chuck S
September 14th, 2006, 08:26 AM
This should explain the verification process

http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=64

As far as your error make sure on step4 you specify the proper mysql table prefix for the vbulletin database. The error happens cause we can not connect to vb and grab the usergroups

CeBra
September 14th, 2006, 08:38 AM
yeah - and I know why ... I have just checked back the db and - guess what ? all forum tables were DROPPED by the installation

How could that happen? I glad it is a whole new forum, but still the work of a whole day is gone now :mad:

It is obviously *not* wise to install PhotoPost in the same db as the forum?!

Chuck S
September 14th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Photopost installs fine into a vbulletin database and nothing in our install script would delete your forum tables. Photopost has been installed thousands of times into the same database as vbulletin as like 45% of our customers run vbulletin forums.

The only way you could lose your forum tables is if you physically deleted them somehow or are mistaken and there is a separate database for the forum.

CeBra
September 14th, 2006, 09:05 AM
cannot explain myself - now I have choosen 2 seperate db's and PhotoPost installed as supposed to. Thx

Chuck S
September 14th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Glad its working