PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds questions

marty
September 9th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Many questions about Classifieds.

1) Is PP_Classifieds full integrated in vBulletin 3.5 or only users database sharing ? Do we install it as a vB product or vB Plugin ?

2) Did not find admin demo ... wich way for validate ads for the moderators ?

3) Can custom fields be included only in some categories or are allways in every category ?

4) Is there a way to have a "premium ads" section (paypal charged feature) that offer thumbails on front page, similar to "recent ads" ?

5) Is there a place where we can see admin screens ?

6) Is there a photopost department for custom development ?

7) Wich language files are available for Classifieds

Many thanks and back soon for new questions

Chuck S
September 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM
1) Is PP_Classifieds full integrated in vBulletin 3.5 or only users database sharing ? Do we install it as a vB product or vB Plugin ?

It is integrated with the vb user database as well you can use header footer and stylesheets colors etc

http://www.reeftalk.com/classifieds/index.php

2) Did not find admin demo ... wich way for validate ads for the moderators ?

There is no admin demo at this time but will pass that along to the webmaster

3) Can custom fields be included only in some categories or are allways in every category ?

You can define up to 6 extra fields per category. We are working on a version released soon that can have unlimited extra fields

4) Is there a way to have a "premium ads" section (paypal charged feature) that offer thumbails on front page, similar to "recent ads" ?

This is not something in the program as in sometype of special feature. Users can be charged for ads thats included but to show a special block thats not a feature and would involve code modification

5) Is there a place where we can see admin screens ?

SEE ANSWER 2

6) Is there a photopost department for custom development ?

Yes you can email sales with your requests

7) Wich language files are available for Classifieds

Currently we only provided english but if you speak english and another language you should easily be able to translate the language file

marty
September 11th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Thank you Chuck for quick and clear answer.

I will email "sales@..." with my request for specific dev.

some new questions ...

- On the current demo, I cannot look at the eBay auction style Ads... is there a place I can look at ?

- I saw a notification system in the demo. I can't find how it works : ad update notification or keywords notification ? I tried both but never received any alert. Can you explain how run this feature ?

- In the demo, it seems impossible to upload .jpg files. A parameter missing or a general restriction ?

- In the demo, we can see the beginning of the description of the ad on the front page... can we choose how many character we print on this screen ? And are variables available to custom this table (by example adding expiring date, removing ad poster)

- Is there a way to run classifieds with moderator validation before allowing an ad to be public ?

- I saw that everybody can post a positive/negative feedback about someone. It is easy to flood any seller of fictive feedbacks ... it seems dangerous. Is it possible to disable this system ?

to be continued !

marty
September 14th, 2006, 12:47 AM
No news ? A little bit surprised to also having no news from Sales since Monday about specif dev ...

Let me know

marty
September 15th, 2006, 01:32 PM
up :confused: