PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Yahoo Servers ...

Scrap4life
September 5th, 2006, 07:38 PM
We're moving to Yahoo for a complete hosting & e-commerce package. They support phpBB (in fact, they offer it as a bonus feature), and we've currently got PhotoPost integrated with phpBB on our current server.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure that I won't run into any snags when transferring over to Yahoo. I was not in charge of the integration, so I have NO idea how that was handled.

What bases do I need to cover to transfer PhotoPost seamlessly to the new server?

Chuck S
September 5th, 2006, 08:34 PM
You need to make sure to transfer your databases and all your site files to the new server and update any config files in both programs to the new database information. In Photopost as well you need to update the config file with the new server path to the program and when logged in to photopost go to admin and update your global options and storage options to the new data and uploads server paths. You also as well need to set directory and file permissions as stated in the install instructions

http://www.photopost.com/installphp.html

Scrap4life
September 5th, 2006, 09:47 PM
You need to make sure to transfer your databases and all your site files to the new server and update any config files in both programs to the new database information. In Photopost as well you need to update the config file with the new server path to the program and when logged in to photopost go to admin and update your global options and storage options to the new data and uploads server paths.

Where can I find all these config. files?

Thanks Chuck!

Chuck S
September 6th, 2006, 09:12 AM
well Photopost config files config-inc.php and config-int.php are in the photopost directory and phpbb's is in its directory