PDA

View Full Version : Feature blocks, # of thumbs & screen resolution

CavySpirit
September 4th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I am optimizing my PP to a 1024 x 768 screen resolution, although I am going with fluid width in PP and vBulletin and the overall site.

When showing on an 800 x 600 (or significantly larger) screen, I would like to go with an automatic smaller number of thumbnails displayed (or larger). Currently, 6 works well. I would like it to go to 4 or 8 as appropriate. Right now, the # of thumbs displayed is the only hangup in making the entire site look good at all screen resolutions without scroll bars.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thx.

Chuck S
September 4th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I would suggest you show whatever is the max number of thumbrows you can show in both window sizes.

CavySpirit
September 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Okay, that's a good suggestion--but it's what I'm already doing. As I mentioned, I'm coding to a 1024 x 768 standard, so 800x600 folks will have to live with horizontal scroll bars.

I'm wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for a little script (I guess) that test for screen resolution and then I could modify the feature block to change the number of the global setting dynamically, depending on screen resolution. Or I'm wondering if anyone has already done this.