PDA

View Full Version : Modify Link Code?

pulse
September 2nd, 2006, 03:55 AM
Heya People!

I got a question -- is it possible for me to create a link on showphoto.php to link to my image either AS a thumbnail or as a smaller version (which is viewable to guests) and a link to photo page.

I know the current ubb code / html code allows you to embbed image but how easy is it to modify that code according to what I described above. :)

Thanks!

Chuck S
September 2nd, 2006, 09:18 AM
Showphoto has a thumbnail block that shows other photos without knowing more of what you are talking I can not really answer

pulse
September 2nd, 2006, 09:38 AM
Showphoto has a thumbnail block that shows other photos without knowing more of what you are talking I can not really answer
For example, this page -- http://www.extremefitness.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6553/cat/3029

What you see here at bottom is a UBB link that allows people to directly embed the picture to a forum. From admincp demo I see you allow html link generation for embedding of the photo too.

Here's what I want to do -- at the bottom of the photo I want to display code which will have the image source of the current image's thumbnail with a link to the current page so that people can come and see the bigger image.

At the same time I would want to have another link on the same page which allows people to embed the bigger picture that they are currently seeing with a link to the current image page.

Basically what I want to do is that --

1. I want to modify the embedding link generated by photopost to have a link to the image page.

2. I want to allow people to link to directly embed the resized version of the image on their pages AND if they go to the original size picture (which I'll allow only members to see) then I should be able to give an embedding link of the resized version.

If this is confusing, let me give you an example. Say you upload a picture on my site which has a size 1200*800 which gets resized to 500*Something.

Now if you go to see that image, you get a generated link where people can embed the thumbnail of the picture to their sites and there is a link to the picture page.

At the same time, on the picture page, I want to have a second link (like html link and ubb link exist) -- which allows them to embed the resized image with a link to the image page.

However, if the go to the original image page, then rather than show link to embed the original size picture, I want to show link which links to the resized version.

Now I don't mind hacking and messing up with php, just tell me if photopost is hackable to do this (if you have a general idea how it would be done).

Also another question -- is it anyhow possible to disable hotlinking (via .htaccess?) of the original size image but allow hotlinking of resized images and thumbnails?

And, can the image be put in multiple categories?

Chuck S
September 2nd, 2006, 03:45 PM
Your can modify the code to suit you and its highly customizable provided you know what your doing. You can upload an image to display into up to 3 categories and it is saved on disk once.

You can also use htaccess and right click disable as well as the watermark to block image access but displaying all those links this is a mute point since your allowing people to see the true path

pulse
September 2nd, 2006, 09:55 PM
Your can modify the code to suit you and its highly customizable provided you know what your doing. You can upload an image to display into up to 3 categories and it is saved on disk once.

You can also use htaccess and right click disable as well as the watermark to block image access but displaying all those links this is a mute point since your allowing people to see the true path
Great! I am game. Gonna buy a license tommorow.