PDA

View Full Version : Develop site on different server than license?

Jak9
August 26th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I have a web site to develop for a client and I'm planning on using ReviewPostPro as a core part of the backend. The client does not yet have access to the domain name the site will be on (it's in transition at this point), but I need to begin development as soon as possible.

I generally develop sites on my own server and then transfer it all to the client's, and I'd like to know if this is possible in this case with ReviewPost. Can I assign the license to my own domain while developing the site and then switch the license over when the real domain is ready?

Thanks,
Jak

Chuck S
August 27th, 2006, 08:08 AM
yes the license can run on one domain and one install thus you can develop it then move it and in the members area change the domain name to the new one. Just remember you can only have one active install on one domain per the license agreement.

Yellowspurs
September 2nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
I have a question regarding license.
Can I install two separate gallery on the same domain using one license ? I have a gallery dedicated to cetain type of pet but occasionally members would upload family photos not related to pet so I set up a separate gallery with a separate installlation not sharing the same database with the forum, now is that allow ? The two gallery belongs to the same domain and website though.

I would appreciate if you can point me to the link regarding license agreement. I purchased 2 license long time ago but never read the agreements. Now I want to read the agreement because I dont' want to violate your policy.

Michael P
September 2nd, 2006, 03:39 PM
To run two instances, you would need two licenses.

http://www.photopost.com/phplicense.html

gettingbetter
July 7th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Here is a question along the same lines - sorry to bump such an old topic, but it's relevant...

I already have vbgallery. I bought one license for one domain. What I'd like to do is transfer my license to a new domain (and eliminate ownership on the old one), BUT keep my forum and all it's information (including users) on the old domain.

I'm not sure if this will work technically speaking? Is it possible? Would the users on the old domain be able to login to vbgallery if it's on a new domain?

Sort of cross-domain membership?

Thanks.

Chuck S
July 8th, 2010, 08:42 AM
well you cant really transfer vbgallery to a new server without vbulletin because as its a vb addon your tied to the forum your running the gallery with all that forums info is relevant to that install. You can not integrate with a separate vb forum.

You can delete the vbgallery from the old site start fresh and install it on another brand new forum thats not an issue but I assume your trying to keep all info which means you need to move vb and vbgalllery over to any new domain.

gettingbetter
July 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for that. Is it possible to import the vbgallery into a standalone Photopost platform?

Chuck S
July 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM
There is an import script in the pro import forum to import vbgallery to pro yes.