View Full Version : Classifieds presale question

August 26th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I didn't get a reply when I used the contact form so I'll post my questions here:

1) Can there be a reverse auctiony/wanted feature like elance where a buyer can post a Wanted ad and then potential sellers can post offers. Like someone wants a pair of socks and some people want to sell him socks for $10 and others want to sell for $5 and the buyer can choose who he wants to buy the socks from.

2) Classified upgrades - Can a buyer pay me for example $2 and then get his ad highlighted, stickied, or bolded?

3) Can I charge a percentage of sale fee? I would like to have low or no ad listing fee but I'd like to get around 3% of the sale price. I have the following in mind:

For example if an item was sold for $100 and the selling fee is 3% then the seller gets $97 and I get $3. This could be done via a fee type thing that could accumalate and then the bill could be sent via paypal or some other way to the seller at the end of the month.

1) Seller sells $100 product
2) 3% or $3 gets stored in the database
3) Seller sells another $100 product
4) 3% or $3 gets stored in the databse and added to the previous balace . total now is $6
5) On the 30th of the month the seller gets a bill sent to his paypal address for $6

Thank you for reading and I hope you have some sort of solution for me :) Thank you.

Chuck S
August 26th, 2006, 04:53 PM
You where responded to this through our helpdesk already. I will try forwarding that response again

August 26th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Thank you :) Got it..