View Full Version : Can't Upload Photos or Intigrate with vB3
August 25th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Okay, I bought PPP. Downloaded it. Installed it (wow... do things need to be worked on here!). Now I can't get it to work. :eek:
I'm the admin and yet I get this:
Sorry, you don't have permission to upload photos. :mad:
I have vB3. I want to display a block of photos (if I could ever upload them :rolleyes: ) on my home page (between the "welcome" and "announcements" blocks... see: here (http://www.writetoprospectors.com).
Also, I seem to be locked out of the support areas. :(
August 25th, 2006, 09:16 PM
easy answers here
1. After install you need to set in admin => edit usergroups the permissions you wish.
August 25th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I don't have permissions to see these threads.
August 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM
You do number 3 surely and that is the one that explains how to become verified
August 25th, 2006, 11:08 PM
This is absolutely rediculous. This software is the biggest kludge I have ever seen. I am 3 hours into the install and I am adding lines to this file, uncommenting lines for that file... this is total BS.
I haven't seen so many errors in documentation and application since Central Point PC Tools 6.
August 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM
You have only posted two threads and no where have you reported any issue other than having an issue with uploading or how to become verified on the forum or how to post a photo block on our vb forum which has been answered.
August 27th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Where do I start?
1. Documentation is out of date.
2. The installation documentation takes you through installing databases not integration.
3. I was going to buy vBGallery but was told that PhotoPost integrated better with the home page of vB... vBG required some mods... well, after adding a hook here and there I gave up.
August 27th, 2006, 06:11 PM
1. If you have something is say wrong say so but the documentation does not include every option in the program no and has never done so. It is an overview of the most important things but something that needs to work on. vbgallery has no documentation at this point
2. The installation takes you through the installation and when you run install there are specific sets of questions and you answer those and you will be integrated.
3. vbgallery indeed does not contain such a block in the native code. Photopost does and yes you add a hook to that file the instructions I linked are accurate and if you have an issue post in that thread it works fine as noted on many sites but here is one of mine
September 28th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Activation post. I am having some of these issues as well.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.