PDA

View Full Version : Presale questions PhotoPost and Classifieds with vBulletin

MickyDdorf
August 21st, 2006, 09:30 AM
Hello,

I'd like to know:

1. PhotoPost: Is it possible to show the pictures of a vBulletin user within his profile?
1.1 All of the pictures the user had uploaded. (like a small gallery-overview within the profile)
1.2 The last x picture the user had uploaded.

2. Classifieds: Limits
2.1 Is there any limit of the number of custom fields?
2.2 Is there any limit of the number of pictures a user can upload when placing a classified ad?

3. Classifieds: Are custom fields searchable?

4. Classiefieds: Is it possible to have different charges for different categories? (cat1=free, cat2=1$ per ad, cat3=15$ etc.)

greetings
Michael

Chuck S
August 21st, 2006, 10:18 AM
1. PhotoPost: Is it possible to show the pictures of a vBulletin user within his profile?
1.1 All of the pictures the user had uploaded. (like a small gallery-overview within the profile)
1.2 The last x picture the user had uploaded.

There is a mod in our mod forum for vbulletin to do something like this you set how many photos to show

2. Classifieds: Limits
2.1 Is there any limit of the number of custom fields?
2.2 Is there any limit of the number of pictures a user can upload when placing a classified ad?

there are currently 6 extra fields which are searchable and 6 pictures are allowed per ad

3. Classifieds: Are custom fields searchable?

yes

4. Classiefieds: Is it possible to have different charges for different categories? (cat1=free, cat2=1$ per ad, cat3=15$ etc.)

yes

MickyDdorf
August 21st, 2006, 11:04 AM
Thank you Chuck.

Is there any way to increase the amount of pictures and custom fields by custom programming, if it is needed? 6 fields may be a problem for the website I'm working on.

bye Michael

Chuck S
August 21st, 2006, 01:02 PM
You can modify the code to accomidate more yes

badmix
September 6th, 2006, 11:29 PM
an additional question related to...

can certain categories have multiple options?
for instance:
cat1=free
cat2=$1 per ad

cat3 = 1 ad for $1 or 10 ads for $5 or unlimited ads for $25

Chuck S
September 7th, 2006, 09:03 AM
The charge for ads is per category. There are no tier levels to each category.

badmix
September 7th, 2006, 03:57 PM
has anyone else added this feature?
or is anyone willing to write a mod to add this feature?

badmix
September 18th, 2006, 11:33 PM
anyone?

Chuck S
September 19th, 2006, 08:47 AM
This is a pre sales forum I do not think you will find answers on code modification here. We provide code modification forums for customers to talk to one another on code mod at the bottom of the forums here

badmix
September 20th, 2006, 08:01 PM
i'm not seeing any posts in the 'classifieds mods' or 'mod discussion' forums, only announcements. so where do i post this?

Chuck S
September 20th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Code Modification forums are only open to verified customers. You will only see mod forums after your a customer

badmix
September 20th, 2006, 09:17 PM
actually i have purchased photopost classifieds. i do not have access to the receipt/order number at the moment.

btw - how helpful is it to not be able to find out if someone is willing to make the modifications one needs until AFTER purchasing the script??

Chuck S
September 20th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Our company does not support code modifications so dont know what to tell other than to post outside product support in the mod forums. This is standard policy for any company. We clearly outlined how the software worked before you purchased it.

Here is how to become verified

http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=67

Here is the mod forum policies

http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=171

badmix
September 20th, 2006, 09:24 PM
my copy of the script is not installed. so how do i become a 'verified customer'?

Chuck S
September 20th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Read the announcement on how to become verified at the top of every forum ;)