PDA

View Full Version : More than 1 VB Gallery on the same forum?

0ptima
August 20th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Would it be possible to run more than 1 instalation of vb gallery if I had two licenses? I was thinking of using one for video and another for images and would like to have two separate galleries on the same forum. Could tables be prefixed differently to avoid table conflict?

Chuck S
August 20th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Since VBgallery is esssentially just a product addon to vbulletin there is not a way currently to run more than once addon to the same forum. Only Photopost Pro has the ability you describe.

KW802
August 20th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Would it be possible to run more than 1 instalation of vb gallery if I had two licenses? I was thinking of using one for video and another for images and would like to have two separate galleries on the same forum. Could tables be prefixed differently to avoid table conflict?As Chuck said, vBG does not support it without some heavy hacking.

As an alternative, and a way to save some money, would be to create your second area as a category (eg: named Videos) as you would normally but change the property "Category is active" to "No"...Category is Active
(Will not appear if set to no, but remains accessible if the category's URL is known.)
That way if somebody is browsing the default Gallery menus, etc. they won't see the Video category but if you provide an explicit link for them to the category then they'll still be able to access it.