PDA

View Full Version : Limits?

DST Daddy
August 18th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Ever since I changed our preferences so that our users could upload to multiple albums, I've had a couple of weird messages regarding limits.

* We allow 5 files uploaded per 24-hour period. But when a user uploads 3 layouts and assigns them to multiple categories, it says that she is reaching her limit.

* Ever since we made the change, now if somone puts a large amount of text in the description, the upload gets stuck processing the image and never gets to the second page (the page that allows you to choose additional albums).

Any ideas?

Chuck S
August 19th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Thats easy 3 uploads or additional categories is considered 3 uploads. The file is only physically on your server once but their are 3 photos inserted into the database so they are each treated as a photo

what do you mean by alot of text? Servers do have a physical limit on the amount of text you can carry by a uri process

DST Daddy
August 21st, 2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks for getting back to me Chuck.

So there isn't a way to change those settings so that 5 individual photos (even loaded into multiple albums) can still be considered just 5 photos?

We found a way around the text issue. If they saved their descriptions for the second load page (after you submit, when it processes the image and then takes you to a bulk upload page) they are entering their descriptions there and it seems to allow large amounts of text that way.

Chuck S
August 21st, 2006, 08:17 AM
Not without modifying the existing code no. You can try this in uploadphoto.php add in bold

$upload = ppmysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM {$Globals['pp_db_prefix']}photos WHERE userid={$User['userid']} AND storecat=0 AND date > UNIX_TIMESTAMP( DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 24 HOUR) )", $link);

Second issue is easy as stated since you enter it on bulkupload then thats sent to the server as a post command not a URL so it does not trigger your server URI limit

DST Daddy
August 22nd, 2006, 11:49 PM
Ok, that makes sense! Thank you! One last question:

We have one girl who has not been able to upload since August 8 (the day that I made the change to allow them to upload to more than one album). Now, every time she tries to upload she gets a message that tells her she has exceeded her daily limit. It's been well over the 24 hours obviously and we had her clear out her cache and she still can't upload. What is the best way to fix this for her?

Chuck S
August 23rd, 2006, 10:33 AM
Try running the query in phpmyadmin and see what is returned for that user remember to place here userid where noted.

DST Daddy
August 25th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Try running the query in phpmyadmin and see what is returned for that user remember to place here userid where noted.

i hate to be a bother, but i have no idea how to do this...

Chuck S
August 25th, 2006, 02:27 PM
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM pp_photos WHERE userid=1 AND storecat=0 AND date > UNIX_TIMESTAMP( DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 24 HOUR) )

Your saying it is one specific user so you need to find out what is being returned by the query above. replace the part in bold with her userid and run it in phpmyadmin which is usually a database tool in your admin

DST Daddy
August 30th, 2006, 02:10 PM
here's what i get:

SQL query: Documentation

SELECT COUNT( * )
FROM pp_photos
WHERE userid = dodo
AND storecat =0
AND date & gt;

UNIX_TIMESTAMP( DATE_SUB( NOW( ) , INTERVAL 24 HOUR ) )

MySQL said: Documentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'dodo' in 'where clause'

DST Daddy
September 1st, 2006, 04:02 PM
Any ideas what it means?

Chuck S
September 1st, 2006, 06:18 PM
userid not username ;) you trying to put a username where you need a userid

DST Daddy
September 3rd, 2006, 03:16 AM
userid not username ;) you trying to put a username where you need a userid

sorry...i'm just not understanding this.

how is the userid different from the username?

Chuck S
September 3rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
Userid is a number. Say the admin is usually userid 1. Does that make sense.