PDA

View Full Version : Probelms with uploads

flytier101
August 15th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I, as the admin can upload files but any new user (I am in testing mode) can register, login but when they try and upload, it seems that its working but nothing uploads. Tried this with 4 test users. I set a test user on my computer with the same priveleges as all other registered users would have and I can upload from that account as well. Seems like anyone from anywhere other than my system can NOT upload even though they think they are.

(added) I have triple checked all the settings. I have used photopost for 2 years w3orking with othersites and can not figure this out. Even reinstalled and started from scratch.

Oh...Also, when another test user is showing on their screen that they are logged in, I am NOT seeing them logged in when viewing my admin screen.

I am using the latest version of PP
any ideas?

Chuck S
August 16th, 2006, 07:28 AM
do they get any errors?

If you check your phpinfo is safe mode on on the server?

flytier101
August 16th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the reply Chuck, I did double check that.

safe_mode Off Off
safe_mode_exec_dir no value no value
safe_mode_gid Off Off
safe_mode_include_dir no value no value

Chuck S
August 16th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Okay if safe mode is off and you can upload fine what does a regular user get when trying to upload? what error?

flytier101
August 16th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Chuck,
The crazy thing is, they are not getting any error. They are able to log in, it shows they are logged in and when I am looking in the admin screen at "logged in" users, they do not come up. They are able to browse their desktop for a file, click up load and it just hangs. It appears to the two people I tried this with that they had uploaded when infact, they had not.
so, no errors, no uploads.

Chuck S
August 16th, 2006, 09:32 AM
you mean it hangs as in white page?

If so try in pp-inc.php near the error_reporting line adding this line

ini_set("memory_limit", "40M");