PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing imagemagick

safin
August 13th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Guys i followed this procedure here exactly

http://www.photopost.com/howtoinstall-php.html

I am on servint VPS ultimate. Problem is that while its shows imagemagick as installed (running /usr/local/bin/identify)

However in the vbulletin admincp on setting the path me getting this(see attachment)
as you can see the image is coming but blank and the font selection gives a imagemagick error.

Any ideas?

Chuck S
August 13th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Well lets talk about Photopost here not vbulletin.

If you set your processor to Imagemagick in photopost global options and set the path as /usr/local/bin/mogrify can you upload photos?

safin
August 13th, 2006, 02:36 PM
hmm well i suppose vbgallery will work on vbulletin and this was the only way to check if it was installed properly or not, short of actually uploading a picture.

As you can see on 3.5x it flags that error. and no even uploading images does not work(blank images). if you think this might be a vbulletin issue, i will ask support there, but since the guide to install imagemagick was posted here and i followed that, i am just asking if you have ever seen this issue and if so what was the fix.

Chuck S
August 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM
well installing Imagemagick to use with vbulletin and a gallery would be different so if your using the instructions here it would work with your gallery but most not with vbulletin registration image since that requires you also install FREETYPE on the server as well. You sure in the gallery setup you have the gallery set to use the right processor and the path to mogrify is correct as in the gallery admin is the place to set the path not in your vb options.