PDA

View Full Version : Please Help...

JenW
August 11th, 2006, 05:58 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE...anyone...

My problem atm is this error---

Could not connect to ReviewPost databaseUnknown database 'photopost'

found here

http://www.jenwilsondesigns.com/gallery/index.php

I'm soo new to this I have no idea what to do...

I can't login as the page won't show up...

What do I do..?!?!?!

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Jen

Chuck S
August 11th, 2006, 08:07 PM
If this is an install you already completed did you delete or change your database info?

If this is a new install you need to run the install script and input proper mysql database info.

Here are the install instructions

http://www.photopost.com/installphp.html

JenW
August 11th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/jwilson/public_html/gallery/pp-inc.php on line 199
I cannot connect to the ReviewPost database. [$php_errormsg]

now I'm getting that.... how do I get into change it??

I have layouts/ pictures posted to the gallery.. so won't a reinstall... mess everything up... ACK... my brain hurts!!

Chuck S
August 11th, 2006, 09:29 PM
You need to set in your config-inc.php file the proper mysql database host username and password. If you recently upgraded did you mistakenly overwrite your config files?

JenW
August 11th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Ummmm.. I don't know... how do I know what my database is... omgosh.. I set one up in my cpanel for my website.. but can't say that is what I set it too.. I think I just left it in default...

wow... I'm sooo lost

Chuck S
August 12th, 2006, 07:10 AM
You would login to your cpanel and note the mysql database username host etc. There is nowhere to see what the password is but you can always change that or you might remember what it is while you view that stuff. At any rate you need to place the correct mysql info in the config-inc.php to obtain a connection to the database on the server.