PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost and Video Support

rdines
August 10th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I am looking to buy PhotoPost to use solely for video galleries and I have some questions:
1) When users upload video, can they also upload a image file with it to be used as a thumbnail? If they don't upload an image, will a thumbnail be generated from a still in the video?

2) I know that there is a watermark option to be used on the images, can it also watermark videos?

thats all for now!
Thanks in advance,
Rachel

Michael P
August 10th, 2006, 03:36 PM
1) Yes, they can upload a thumbnail.
2) No, the watermarking is strictly for images.

Michael

Titania
September 20th, 2006, 03:02 PM
1) Yes, they can upload a thumbnail.
2) No, the watermarking is strictly for images.

Michael
I had exactly the same question about thumbnails for video. Now that I know it is possible, I'd like to know how?

Titania
September 20th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Nevermind my previous post.... I tried a few different search terms and found what I was looking for. :)

mk484
May 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Hey Folks,

How in the heck did the guys at PbNatin do this????
http://www.pbnation.com/videos/

I have read many threads, so I didn't have much to post, but I need you guys help on this one. For months now I have been trying to figure out a way to have some sort of video integration in my forum, with my vb as my main platform. I have found several programmers that are willing to integrate a video script, like Clip-Share, but that didn't sit too well wit me because I'm still runningl two seperate programs. I also considered YouTube embed programs like vBYes. I liked that idea, but I was still on the fence. Then today I saw a site called PbNation. They have a player powered by VideoEgg. Their setup allows their members to upload video right into their Vb from a variety of sources, as well as webcam! I checked the VideoEgg site out for a while, but I could not find any info about the integration into a site, just advertising info. Even if its not with VideoEgg, does anyone have any suggestions on how to integrate video into their Vb like PbNation did. I love the idea of having a player in my forum that users can upload their own video. I was told that the script they are running is PP. Is that correct?
Regards,
Marc
www.BehindTheBoards.com