PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost 5.5 Preview

Michael P
August 2nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Development is well under way for a 5.5 release of PhotoPost PRO. I thought I'd give you a sneak peak so that you can offer your suggestions/comments.

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/index.php

New features:

. Photo uploads now have options to disable ratings/comments on the photo by the member
. AJAX technology to control scrolling of the calendar pal (click on the arrows)
. AJAX technology to allow reshufflling of the "random features" pal
. AJAX technology to display EXIF Information on a photo (see this photo (http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14756/cat/3045) and click on Show EXIF Info
. AJAX technology to allow scrolling of the filmstrip previews (forward and back)
. Filmstrips will have one additional photo on each side when used in the vertical format
. Various formatting changes to clean up pages for better presentation
. (testing) Uniform thumbnails - cropping of thumbnails so that they all appear uniformly
. Profile page includes a link to the member's "forum" profile
. "Spinning indicator" and PLease Wait message appears when user hits SUBMIT to upload photo
. Moving more PHP code away from templates
. Close Comments to an open photo (comments continue to display, just no new ones allowed)
. Open Comments - undo the above
. Notices about comments to a photo include the message
. Notification emails about new comments are not sent when poster adds a comment
. Option to set timelimit for editing of comments (admin and mod exempt)
. fixed bug with Group By Member that showed last photo uploaded if setting to show all members photos in members gallery was turned on.
. improved child navbits when viewing albums assigned to a category or as a subcat of another album (includes subalbum and category parent name in navbits).
. ability for admin to change the owner of an album they created to someone else.

Please note: ViperAlley is a live site, not a "demo" area for users to register and post their own photos. Please respect my site and leave "testing" for when we release a BETA.

Development is ongoing, so you may encounter changes in progress depending on when you are using the site.

Exitilus
August 2nd, 2006, 08:01 PM
Awesome! I can't wait till the beta comes out :D

b6gm6n
August 3rd, 2006, 06:10 PM
Wicked... i love the ajax features... and talking of which... if PP-Pro and Ajax don't meet via the upload button i'll be surprized :D - Gotta have something there saying "Upload in progress..." notice how vB3.6 has adopted a 'progress' meter for their forms etc... i think PP wouldn't be PP without one :)

One thing that bugs me about PP (and this is the reason i have PP because it's great etc... BUT) the mainstay of our gallery is the presentation of the pictures themselves... no gallery is a gallery without them... so concidering these are the most viewed pages i wouldnt mind seeing more info on the uploader (especially if integrated with a forum)...comments on pictures show an avatar etc...i think showphoto should have something more for the uploader... on our site ratings are everything...comments also... but i've noticed that some posters just love 'presenting' their photos, they try adding text and a little formatting etc... but i think making the presentation of ones photo the best it can be would really give a boost to the user to show off or whatever... or it's just an extra bit of useful information for someone to view...

Im sure anyone whos been to my gallery are sick & tired of viewing the same old category thumbnails... now if they were dynamic...a quick look at the showgallery pages would see the various cats and whats there not only using the latest update thumbs...but cat thumbs also... just a thought

I'll be trying my hand at some more selectable styles for PP soon...

Anyways...i forgot to say... our gallery is busy, for some reason i've seen fights, arguments hissy fits and tantrums if a users gallery views go's down... Most views is kind it seems... most comments... naa not interested... but if a users gallery has got more views them.... their ego just cant take it when they place a pic in the auto-recycle gallery... they loose views when they eventually get deleted... also when they delete themselves... but i wondered... hows about (and vB or mods for it seem to pump this kinda thing out lots of times) and that is a viewable public stats system for a users gallery if possible... if there's anything more that is... i dunno... but yeah if they could have a 'views to date' that would settle so many arguments on my site atleast... and give a user a chance to view it and say "hmmm"... god knows... :) but anyways, looking forward to the updates...very cool

-b6

Michael P
August 3rd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Seriously, I've been trying to make a better uploader section - using AJAX. But here are the stumbling blocks we can talk through:

I wanted to make it simple - first page you upload your photos, second page you enter your info. Nice and clean; as you upload photos, you get thumbnails of whats in your uploads directory and can even remove them before processing to the information entering phase.

All fine and dandy until you realize that you have to enter the title, description and whatever for a bulk upload feature which requires that info on the first page. Does that mean having two uploads types - bulk and normal?

What about making the "default" title and description for the images you are uploading; I was thinking we could have a "checkbox" to say copy title/desc from the first area into subsequent images; but if you have more than a page worth, does the info carry from one page to the next? If so, how do you know when it does and when it doesn't?

I know bulk upload is popular for alot of people; so just how do we make the process work for everyone without confusing everyone?

b6gm6n
August 3rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
hmm... well i've seen alot of upload pages on various sites, youtube for example is the opposite of what you describe... infor first then upload later... i think thats because they only deal in singular uploads at a time...

Now, i've had users ask me "how do i upload"... i know... but KISS is the way... Keep it stupid simple, I've seen my PP upload screen so many times i think now with that experience and what a users wants to see i may have another suggestion... along the same lines as what you have said... firstly, a user clicks the 'Upload' link... then your presented with the simplest of choices (as you say) Normal Uploading or Bulk Uploading... on this page 2 simple buttons leading off to relavant sections is fine... but also on this screen i think you should also see a quick summary of your gallery stats also, yes it's there now but i think in an instant it should be viewable... then onto the Normal or Bulk screens... 'Normal' would still consist of the amount of upload inputs you have chosen and then your free to anything with the bulk upload sections to make it easier...

and yes maybe a checkbox to copy the title&description onto the next photosm same with the cats...

On that very first screen with 2 choices and somes stats...if poss, would be great to show a red bar or some other graphic like the vB PM stats but in PP to show how much space you have left to upload to etc etc etc... just an idea... but whatever happens...animation while uploading...! :D

-b6

Michael P
August 7th, 2006, 09:25 AM
A spinning wheel in no problem, we can add that. The whole upload process, though; I'm not sure about building an entirely new interface and giving the user an option of the "old" way or the "new" way (Bulk or nonBulk itself may be too confusing for people - what about people just wanting to finish the upload process of the files in their uploads directory?); seems like there has to be a simplier way to combine the whole process into a straight upload and information entering process that allows for bulk uploading as it has been.

JoeWho
August 7th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Hi,

Since you are working on a new verison... what the chance of getting the Top Posters in a scroll box? :)

I would like to list the 50 -Top Posters but I don't want it to take up the whole column... is this possible?

Thanks

Michael P
August 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Hmmmm, I would think that a modification could do that easily enough; but putting it into the product would probably take a bit of work as I'm not sure just how many people would want to have that there (and the space taken up by the scroll bar) - space like that on a sidebar is at a premium.

JoeWho
August 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the reply

I don't want the box any wider and I don't want the names to word-rap. See attached.

Thanks,

Michael P
August 7th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I'll take it into consideration; otherwise it makes for a good modification to post! :)

JoeWho
August 7th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Ok, thanks.
:cool:
Can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks.

mjm
August 7th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Great to read about 5.5 preview!
I'd like to revisit some old suggestions and see if they would be considered or not ..
How do you suggest going about it? Post further requests/link to suggestions?
Will you be having a Beta Forum?

Thanks!

Mark

Michael P
August 7th, 2006, 03:48 PM
When I'm ready to post a BETA, I'll open the forum again. You can post links to the suggestions here, I'll look into them.

b6gm6n
August 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
On the upload screen, perhaps you can leave as is... a more visual indicator like the vB PM bar would instantly tell you how much space you have left or whatever... there's alot of numbers and bytes and boxes on the upload page, i think more visual :) - so perhaps have you thought of the windows xp upload tool...maybe good for later use, something to think about, i think with the upload animation and the bar to say "oh i have 80% free space" at a glance then cool... it'll take some time to work out the rest...it'll evolve in time

-b6

Michael P
August 7th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I like the visual indicator and will work on that. :)

SaN-DeeP
August 8th, 2006, 06:17 AM
thanks michael do consider implementing some suggestions burried in forums since long time as well :)
PP with ajax looks nice on your site.

b6gm6n
August 8th, 2006, 08:10 AM
cool... one last thing if possible, i think it would most impressive not only for the user viewing the picture/whatever but also for the uploader...if integrated with a forum to show the uploaders avatar etc, many forum users use an avatar and i think it would create an extra bit of personalization to an upload... one of the first things i see when looking at forum posts is the users avatar...a quick look and i know whos who... simple, but i think overall it's something i think is missing, an option of course to disable for those not wanting the extra querys etc...i'll make a rendition of the showphoto page with avatar and extra info and upload it here...see what you think, i'll do that 2nite

-b6

Michael P
August 8th, 2006, 08:33 AM
where would you put the avatar?

Michael P
August 8th, 2006, 02:32 PM
On the upload screen, perhaps you can leave as is... a more visual indicator like the vB PM bar would instantly tell you how much space you have left or whatever... t

Like this?

WB
August 8th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Michael:

Nice feature set.

One general question related to the upcoming release of 5.5 (particularly this release since there's the increasing use of AJAX).

The last version (that I recall seeing listed, my apologies if this is wrong) that was security audited was 5.1x.

Given the new features introduced since then, do you all periodically get the code reviewed to make sure no issues are introduced with the updated code?

We've been seeing a number of issues in other php apps. If an 'ongoing' audit isn't currently the case, we'd suggest some periodic reviews so that PP can continue to be on the 'proactive' edge versus the 'reactive' edge that we've seen from other php app vendors.

Thanks.

Michael P
August 8th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Yes, we have had other security reviews of our code at various times and will continue to do so. Making sure that all variables used by the program are properly sanitized is critical in any development and having a second set of eyes to double-check your code is an important step in the development process.

PhotoPost hasn't had to issue any security fixes for quite some time and I think that speaks well for our efforts to date.

WB
August 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Michael:

Great, thanks for the info.

Glad to see that you all are continuing your 'proactive' stance to help keep the products secure.

b6gm6n
August 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Like this?

Just the ticket...lovely! - I'll show you where to put the avatar later on...just watching Lost at the moment... then i'll have a design play and see what i can come up with... it'll be just an interpretation...you'll see :)

-b6

ziG8
August 8th, 2006, 05:53 PM
do you guys plan on updating the postbit for comments to support 3.6.0? i believe its a little dated

Michael P
August 8th, 2006, 06:40 PM
The "postbits" are universal across all our layouts (not just vBulletin); although the vb3enhanced templates could be modified, I wasn't planning on making a set for both the legecy and newer layouts.

b6gm6n
August 8th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ok, here's a quick rough example... adding another column with the user info etc... this example makes the whole thing look like a post on your forums, not that it has to be like this... but this is 'something' like what i envisioned! :)

-b6

Michael P
August 8th, 2006, 07:51 PM
How does this look?

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13223/cat/3033

max_view
August 11th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Hi there,

here is my wish list for a future PP Version:

-not getting a email notification at your own comment
-a real quote function for answer
-closing a thread function
-time elapsed edit function for the written text
-include the comment in email notification
-Ignore and Buddy as in the forum
-looking and watching for my discussion
-and more statistics, like count of uploads and count of comments a day/a week/a month

and my biggest wish is, it would be great if the developer team will take notice of that and will be be give a feedback.

Michael P
August 11th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Most of the issues you are asking for are easy enough (some are just slight modifications to a single line of code):

- not getting a email notification at your own comment (done)
- closing a thread function (done)
- include the comment in email notification (done)
- time limit on editing comments

"-looking and watching for my discussion"

What does this mean?

SaN-DeeP
August 11th, 2006, 10:43 AM
How about:
1. Meta Elements title, description + keywords (photo/categories)
2. Titles (photos/categories)
3. Using Keywords effectively (like tags in blogs)
4. Add 'rel=nofollow" tag to all non-required links for pp pages.

First 2 are requested since a very long time :-)

Regards,

max_view
August 11th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Most of the issues you are asking for are easy enough (some are just slight modifications to a single line of code):

- not getting a email notification at your own comment (done)
- closing a thread function (done)
- include the comment in email notification (done)
- time limit on editing comments

"-looking and watching for my discussion"

What does this mean?

Michael, iŽam very happy about your answer... you could not belive it.
My php experience is nearly zero, so that a develope of a easy modification is a problem for me.

"-looking and watching for my discussion" mean:

i write under some Pictures my comment and came the next day or later back and klick on my discussion and get an overview, like the overview "New Pictures", but only the pics where i wrote a comment and a other user has wrote a comment after my comment.

It is similar to the function "activate a email notification a the picture you want", and get, if somebody write a new comment, a notification email.

If i could i would wrote a function: show me the last xx (maybe 50) Thumbs, where i wrote a comment and a other user wrote a comment, too.

Michael P
August 11th, 2006, 11:44 AM
How about:
2. Titles (photos/categories)

Can you expand on those? I'm not sure what you mean.

SaN-DeeP
August 12th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Hi Michael thanks for further consideration of above points:

Setting up Descriptions and Keywords per category is very easy and can be acheived by adding a Headtags Include file (per category) this is a very tiring work if you have 100s of categories. (we need an easier way for this)
Similarly setting up descriptions and keywords for photos.

2. Titles for photos/categories
Setting up titles for photos and categories (Meta Element Title)
As of now when any photo or category is viwed entire gallery name appears alongwith the title of photo or gallery.
An example:
http://gallery.techarena.in/showgallery.php/cat/601 (title appears as TechArena Photo Gallery - Digital Camera) we would need to only display Digital Camera as category title instead.

same thing for photos.
http://gallery.techarena.in/showphoto.php/photo/8730/cat/601/limit/recent
title appears as TechArena Photo Gallery - D80 which I would only need to display as D80

By default photopost allows setting up keywords for photos as of now we are not using this keywords effectively, these keywords can be used as tags (a seperate page which can display list of random keywords) which shall be great for getting photos indexed in serps faster.

Regards,

mjm
August 12th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Separate members gallery show all users pics Yes/No code so that functions below work independently, for example:

1) When > edit category default is Group by Member (when MG is set to show all users pics)
- Show latest members photo thumb of this category (not of another category)
- also provide extra option to view all pics by all members when group by member/category is default.
- don't show other members cat assign albums when viewing their pics

2) Better Members Gallery Portfolio - When MG setting show all users pics:
- provide option to view a members pics as per category, ie provide a thumbnail of latest photo of each category the member has uploaded to, linking to the members photos in that category.

-------
3) Copy photo to additional category - Make a usergroup enabled permission setting
This is being abused/misused by general member usergroup.

4) Quick edit of photo Title/ Description
Like vB quick edit. Currently it's a very slow process when a lot of photo descriptions need to be edited.

5) Option to enable users forum signature to show in upload description text box.

6) Change Album username
Enables admin to create album and change album to member username (if member is permitted to have album)

7) Category assigned albums
- make as subalbum of category, in other words, so that after a member views album, they can get back to category and view other albums assigned to that category. Currently it takes you to the members gallery and one has to go back to gallery home > category, to view other albums assigned to category.

b6gm6n
August 14th, 2006, 08:29 PM
How does this look?

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13223/cat/3033

It's impressive! - I think you should have the user-info column a fixed width, the 'see this users gallery' text gets scrunched sometimes, if it was set it would give some extra uniformity to the presentation!... but wicked though...really cool

-b6

snoopy5
August 17th, 2006, 01:41 PM
So, that it is not forgotten: what about

- a buddy list (to be able to look only at images of buddies or to see in your own profile, that one of your buddies uploaded new images and go there with a link)
- userlevel next to each posting (motivates others for donations/subscriptions)
- avatar field, and some more personal fields in the user profile (makes it more community like)
- PM feature (dito)

and all this for the stand alone installation (no forum integration) !!!

Any comments on that?

b6gm6n
August 21st, 2006, 06:03 PM
One last thing i forgot to mention and i think it would be v-cool (something missed) is the comshow thumbnail custom frames...we have the option elsewhere...and looks great in showgallery and on inc_features etc...then you view comshow/comments and you think it's broken :)

-b6

snoopy5
August 21st, 2006, 06:33 PM
So, that it is not forgotten: what about

- a buddy list (to be able to look only at images of buddies or to see in your own profile, that one of your buddies uploaded new images and go there with a link)
- userlevel next to each posting (motivates others for donations/subscriptions)
- avatar field, and some more personal fields in the user profile (makes it more community like)
- PM feature (dito)

and all this for the stand alone installation (no forum integration) !!!

Any comments on that?

Michael,

your write about avatars in combination with forums. I do strongly believe, we need avatars/bios for non-forum-intergrated sites. To get an idea of what the competition is offering regarding personal information in photo galleries, click here:

http://www.fotocommunity.com/pc/account/myprofile/429719

I pay for photpost and am not willing to be forced to buy vbulletin to use avatars or personal information pages. This can not be the product strategy of PP. I know that I am not the only one thinking this. So it would be great, if you could explain what will be possible with photopost only.

More details on the other points:

- Buddy lists are a "must" as soon as a gallery is growing. It is impossible for users to follow all new uploads. They will choose the style they like and the users who use this style.

- userlevels displayed everywhere are nowadays also a must. We all have to finance our communities and there is no better way to motivate users to pay, if they see the new level after paying or non-paying next to each image and each posting.

These 3 features alone would be already a big step forward for PP. At least in the eyes of the user.

AJAX is nice and I really appreciate it, but the question is, whether a user will appreciate it the same way compared to the other missing features.

I am looking for features, which give my users a "feelable" added value. Hidden improvements are good for me as a webmaster, but I will get neither a "thank you", nor money from my users for it.

And we finance ourselves only with the money of our users. So we have to find ways to seduce them. Please bear this in mind.

JoeWho
August 27th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Michael,

When do you think It will be released?

Thanks.

Michael P
August 27th, 2006, 06:14 PM
We already have that - just set your longest edge and turn the resize option on and it'll resize any image accordingly.

I don't have a timeframe; but hopefully we'll have something to start beta testing in the near future.

StuartDH
August 28th, 2006, 10:47 AM
From your demo, it looks like 5.5 works more like vBGallery to give more control over what exif data you want to display, rather than the all/nothing in 5.3.1. Is that right? If not, could you make it a feature.

Thanks

mlucek
August 29th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Add the ability to show subcategory links off the main category - like vBGallery does.

mlucek
August 30th, 2006, 03:23 PM
And how about the making the links:

Recent Photos 1 Day 7 Days 14 Day all

a dropdown box and configurable as an option like vBGallery does ?

Michael P
September 22nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
Separate members gallery show all users pics Yes/No code so that functions below work independently, for example:

1) When > edit category default is Group by Member (when MG is set to show all users pics)
- also provide extra option to view all pics by all members when group by member/category is default.

First one is done.
Second one I'll take into consideration.
Not sure what you mean by that one.

6) Change Album username
Enables admin to create album and change album to member username (if member is permitted to have album)

7) Category assigned albums
- make as subalbum of category, in other words, so that after a member views album, they can get back to category and view other albums assigned to that category. Currently it takes you to the members gallery and one has to go back to gallery home > category, to view other albums assigned to category.

Both of these are done.

orangeflea
September 22nd, 2006, 01:53 PM
If only this amount of attention were awarded to Reviewpost....

Michael P
September 22nd, 2006, 02:26 PM
ReviewPost has a more current release than the current PhotoPost; releases tend to come in cycles with each product getting an update in sequence.

mjm
September 23rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
All I can say is WOW! and look forward to Beta testing

First one is done.
Second one I'll take into consideration.
Not sure what you mean by that one.

Is "second one" in reference to any of this? ...

or referencing 2), ie this portion of the post?:

2) Better Members Gallery Portfolio - When MG setting show all users pics:
- provide option to view a members pics as per category, ie provide a thumbnail of latest photo of each category the member has uploaded to, linking to the members photos in that category. -------

Another sort option? ... a latest photo thumbnail link to each category/album the member has uploaded to.

... just looking at ways that the presentation /sort order could be displayed, or if it could also be custom tailored, by the member for their main portfolio page at Members Gallery.

Michael P
September 23rd, 2006, 09:33 AM

This one; not sure what you are saying.

As to the sorting option; we're already giving people alot of options on how to view a category; my concern is that we are overdoing it and adding alot of code to support features that may or may not actually get used. As such, I'm trying not to add things just for the sake of adding them.

ghinton
September 23rd, 2006, 10:30 AM
I would like to suggest the ability to allow users to view all of the thumbnails in a particular category, but unless they are part of a certain usergroup, they won;t be able to view the full sized images. This would be in addition to they way it is currently where the entire category can be hidden unless you are part of that usergroup.

b6gm6n
September 23rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Imagine this... (cant be done, yet...) your uploading a picture, everything set just ready to click 'upload' - when you do, the button is replaced or covered over using ajax or something then an ajax visible progress bar which resembles a hi-fi equalizer light ticks up the bytes till done..... then flips up (like a james bond number plate) for the next file and does the same.... hmmmmmm scrummy!

-b6

Michael P
September 23rd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Unfortauntely, I don't know that this can be done universally because as a script we don't know how large the file is prior to getting it. All we can do is give an animation (like I've added for 5.5) to indicate the upload is in progress; but as part of a POST the file has already been sent upon execution of the script itself.

b6gm6n
September 23rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
Yeah i know... i can dream tho... :)

-b6

mjm
September 24th, 2006, 12:19 AM

This one; not sure what you are saying.

rephrase ...
At Category sort option - Group by Member > user showgallery ...
Don't show other members category assign albums at member's showgallery page.

(Note this currently happens with Members Gallery setting: 'view all users pics')

Category:showgallery.php?cat=678 >
Group by Member: /showmembers.php?cat=678 >
Members photos in Category: showgallery.php?cat=678&ppuser=1234

As Group by Member/Category view sort provides a personalized thumbnail profile of only the users photos in this category, other members albums that have been assigned to this category shouldn't show here.
Only the users own cat assigned albums, if has any.

mjm
September 24th, 2006, 03:42 AM
... As to the sorting option; we're already giving people alot of options on how to view a category; my concern is that we are overdoing it and adding alot of code to support features that may or may not actually get used. As such, I'm trying not to add things just for the sake of adding them.

Yep I don't use some sort options, which requires manual editing.
Others may use them.

How about an admin CP view sort option setting Y/N- checklist? ;)

Then we could have more sort options :) and could choose which ones to use.

rainyleaves
September 24th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Where can I download PP5.5? or When?

Michael P
September 25th, 2006, 07:14 AM
No download yet; it'll be ready when we post it and open the BETA section.

b6gm6n
September 25th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Now.. i was just buzzing around this site (link below)... nice style, look at how the big pictures are presented, cool....

http://good-times.webshots.com

-b6

Michael P
September 25th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Yikes, in FireFox the page renders horribly; ads overlapping the photo; the next and previous not lining up. Site is running slow for me, I got antsy and left. lol

Chuck S
September 25th, 2006, 04:45 PM
YEAH never has a fan of webshots either

SteveSteve
September 25th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Any chance of moderators able to add/edit categories as discussed here:

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121594
------------

RSS Feeds built in with the ability to pull PER category?

------------
When uploading, I don't want ANY title to display. One would think if you left it blank, it would be blank but it pulls in the filename. Perhaps a pull-down with default option?

Enter default title:
[pull-down]
Custom
Filename
Blank

----------------
Bulk uploads take a long time to get to the Category/Title page due to the amount of categories I have... a way to speed this up would be a treamendous help! AJAX it?

NOTE: Not just on Bulk Upload but any place the category pull-downs are displayed with sites with many categories.

-----------------
Ability to bypass watermark for a SINGLE upload.

-----------------
Also the ability to search the actual Category titles.

b6gm6n
September 26th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah webshots is slow... anyways, i thought they did a re-design...KISS keeping it stupid simple... i liked the header...and the little photo icons once displayed... but it could be a bandwidth killer for them so... :)

-b6

b6gm6n
September 26th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Y'know.... y'know what might be cool... say your looking at this persons image and you think...hey thats prettyyyyy pretttttyyyyyyy gooood (sorry got a little larry david there) ok so you can click the view users gallery now link, but what about an option to show the last 5 users images with thumbs some where in showphoto, like the profile block mod for vB profiles... just a thought... :)

-b6

mjm
September 27th, 2006, 02:30 PM
At the Profile page from the Username Link - /member.php?uid=1234
it would be cool to have a thumbnail rendition of the users photos in the gallery.

Also from Member's Photo Gallery - Username Link > - /showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1234

A sort option providing a rendition of the users photos uploaded throughout the gallery:
- show a most recent thumbnail/link of each category/album member has uploaded to.

If possible show the Category Title/Album name with each thumbnail link.

Provide user ability to add descriptive commentary ... ;)

bwolcott
September 27th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Hey guys very nice! Just wonder if there was a way you could add more photo editing features to this next build. Like allowing members to crop their own photos, resizing their own photos, building multiple sized images for downloading and hot linking, stuff like that????
Would also be cool if people could tage sections of their photos with text kind like flicker....

Anyway again nice work cant wait to do the upgrade....

kswei
September 27th, 2006, 11:54 PM
does it support tagging... or the keyword is actually the tags.. love to have this if possible and we can also browse tags. Thanks.

flat
September 28th, 2006, 01:52 AM
This beta looks great ! :)
I really like the new look of showphoto.php.

Michael P
September 28th, 2006, 05:37 PM
We've decided to break development into two parts and will be releasing the 5.5. update tomorrow with the PP6 development already underway.

mjm
September 29th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Yeehaw! and a big thanks!

PhotoPost 5.5 Released! (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127561)

Will upgrade Sunday night>Monday

SaN-DeeP
September 30th, 2006, 05:32 PM
PP6 development already underway.could you possibly share what would be next major enhancements in 6.0 ?

SteveSteve
October 1st, 2006, 02:19 PM
Would also be nice if I could use vb enhanced features but without them pulling in the headers.

b6gm6n
October 1st, 2006, 05:20 PM
Smooth upgrade to 5.5... after a quick flick around there's obviously some thing need tweeking etc, i'll give it a test run and come back with a detailed tweek list, simple stuff i've found so far, i'll let you know asap

-b6

AlexSandra
October 4th, 2006, 05:19 PM
do you guys plan on updating the postbit for comments to support 5.5? :)

Mortgage quote (http://www.mortgagequote.viaden.com)