PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

Intex
August 1st, 2006, 01:15 AM
I've upgraded vB 3.0.1 to 3.5 recently and as expected the gallery doesn't work any more. Do I need to purchase the latest version of Photopost Pro to get things working again and will the database / statistics etc. remain intact?

Also, what's the integration like now since 4.8? Will photopost pro work with vbadvanced cmps?

Thanks

Chuck S
August 1st, 2006, 09:17 AM
Vb 3.5 was not around when 4.8 was public. I beleive it is 4.82 and above that works with 3.5 thus sign into the members area and upgrades yours to 5.31 which is the current version.

What do you mean does it work with vba CMPS? People have posted multiple photo blocks and tutorials of how to display things in vbadvanced portal page

Intex
August 1st, 2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I've only just upgraded from vB 3.0.1 to 3.5. When I was on vB.3.0.1 I was running PhotoPost 4.8c. I intend to upgrade to the latest version of photoshop, but wanted to know how I actually upgrade, because after upgrading to vB 3.5 the gallery no longer works.

Is it just a question of installing an upgrade script and will everything else in the existing PP database remain intact?

Chuck S
August 1st, 2006, 02:11 PM
Yes upgrade instructions are included. Upload all the files except config-inc.php and run the upgrade script.

Intex
August 1st, 2006, 03:57 PM
OK, great - thanks for that. Do you know if there's any discount for existing customers for the upgrade?

Chuck S
August 1st, 2006, 05:35 PM
Sorry no there are no discounts on upgrade or installs etc the services unless like licenses your ordering them in bulk.