PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions B4 I buy...

Bree
July 31st, 2006, 09:55 PM
I am very interested in purchases the PhotoPost software however, I have found that often when I make big purchases like this, I find out after the fact that the program is missing the things I really needed it to do... To avoid that now, just a few questions...

I am using the Gallery to display PSD Tubes to my members... I would need it to show the preview of the tube that I have made (a jpg) and then somewhere (underneath above yada yada) a place to click to DL the zip. Is this possible with PhotoPost?

I understand that it also works with my vBulletin so that my members don't have to make a seperate login and password? Like if you are signed into the forum and you move to a photo album, it will auto keep you login under that user name? Is that how it works?

And I know this shouldn't be important but it really is to me... I spent money on a custom made forum template that I use all over my site (www.SmnLikDat.com) BECAUSE I'm clueless and cannot make them myself LOL Will this software automatically work of the skin that I have installed on my forum or is there a way to make it do that?

I know these probably sound like Rookie questions but what can I say - I'm a rookie ROFL I'm also lousy with proper terms so you'll have to forgive me that too hehe Hopefully someone here can speak "BreeTalk" hehe

Thank in advance!
Always, Bree

Exitilus
August 1st, 2006, 12:04 AM
I am very interested in purchases the PhotoPost software however, I have found that often when I make big purchases like this, I find out after the fact that the program is missing the things I really needed it to do... To avoid that now, just a few questions...

I'm a owner of Photopost and I'll tell you I'm extremely happy with it :)

I am using the Gallery to display PSD Tubes to my members... I would need it to show the preview of the tube that I have made (a jpg) and then somewhere (underneath above yada yada) a place to click to DL the zip. Is this possible with PhotoPost?

If I understand you correctly you want them to be able to download this image ? Or are you wanting to display a Image and have them download something completely different? I know that you can set the system to allow users to download the pictures / their favorites.

I understand that it also works with my vBulletin so that my members don't have to make a seperate login and password? Like if you are signed into the forum and you move to a photo album, it will auto keep you login under that user name? Is that how it works?

Yup. My users have one logon. You set the permissions for Photopost via the Photopost AdminCP. It's fairly easy to use IMO.

And I know this shouldn't be important but it really is to me... I spent money on a custom made forum template that I use all over my site (www.SmnLikDat.com) BECAUSE I'm clueless and cannot make them myself LOL Will this software automatically work of the skin that I have installed on my forum or is there a way to make it do that?

Yup. If your running VB3 (I'm running 3.5) it works perfectly fine. Though I use standard Styles, nothing "extremely" fancy so I cna't say for 100% Sure if it would work with your style. Obviously there are some extremely customized styles out there that make Vbulletin not even look like a forum. But if it's a pretty standard VB Customization I wouldn't see a problem.

I know these probably sound like Rookie questions but what can I say - I'm a rookie ROFL I'm also lousy with proper terms so you'll have to forgive me that too hehe Hopefully someone here can speak "BreeTalk" hehe

Thank in advance!
Always, Bree

heh. That's about all the information I can give. I know photopost has grown in the last couple years I've had it. Adding even more features which have made it cooler *grins* ... I've been extremely happy for it. Hopefully someone else can give you more specific details.

-Exitilus

Bree
August 1st, 2006, 01:05 AM
Thankyou Exitilus =0)

The Template thing was one of my main concerns hehe I don't know how complicated mine is so guess I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best =0)

If I understand you correctly you want them to be able to download this image ? Or are you wanting to display a Image and have them download something completely different? I know that you can set the system to allow users to download the pictures / their favorites.

I want them to be able to see a preview (A .jpg file that I have created) but be capable of uploading a different file - a .zip I have uploaded on link. Ack I hate it that I dont know technical terms - would make it so much easier to get help when I need it if I did... Hmm let me try again... Say on a normal site page I have a graphic (Maybe a graphic that says "Click Here to Download") - that would be he jpg preview I made... but when you click it, a download starts where you are DLing the zip that goes to that preview.. Did I do better explaining that time? I'm sooo sorry I'm difficult *blush*...

I dunno but regardless - I'll make it all work somehow... I just finished DLing PhotoPost and in the process of trying to figure out how to install ROFL First time I've ever thought about using a gallery... hehe Wish me luck =0)

Thanks again for your reply - you are much appreciated!
Always - Bree

Chuck S
August 1st, 2006, 08:15 AM
This should help you with the installation

http://www.photopost.com/installphp.html