PDA

View Full Version : Moving from VbGallery to Photoshop Pro

Noonster
July 28th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Hello all,

My current licence for VbGallery is coming to an end shortly and I would like to purchase Photopost Pro instead of buying another year of VbGallery. Obviously all I do is purchase it from the main site etc... and get the files to download which is fine.

However at the moment my gallery is in the url /gallery on my server and obviously I want the new photopost pro to be /gallery and get rid of my old VbGallery but without losing any pics etc...

Whts the best way to do this??
- Would I go into the FTP and change the vbgallery folder from /gallery to say /galleryold and then into the admincp and change the gallery url etc.. in there to say galleryold so that all the images then work.
- From here install Photopost Pro into /gallery and then run the import script to bring all my images into Photopost
- Then just delete the directory /galleryold and all will work fine

Does that sound ok... or does the new Photopost Gallery just leave the images where they were etc...??

Sorry for the confussing post :(

Thanks
Darren

Noonster
July 30th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Can anyone help me?? Please :D

sensimilla
July 30th, 2006, 08:44 AM
I didnt know that vbgallery had year licences.. Its for life from what I know ?

Noonster
July 30th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I didnt know that vbgallery had year licences.. Its for life from what I know ?
Hmm well my access to the members area runs out??
- Anyways I want to upgrade to Photopost Pro regardless... so still concerned about my first post.

Thanks for the reply!

Chuck S
July 30th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Hello

This is what you need to do.

1. Purchase Photopost Pro and install it in a directory say called Photos with vb3 integration.

2. Run the vbGallery to Photopost import script and do all the steps in thoser instructions. Once your satisfied with things and do your clean up you can rename your vbGallery directory to say oldgallery and update the paths and url's in admin of vb till you want to delete it.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123329

3. In the Photopost Pro admin update the urls and paths to gallery from photos and hit save. Things will break but dont worry.

4. Edit the config-inc.php and config-int.php files of Photopost and change the photos path name to gallery and save those files.

5. Rename your photos directory to gallery

YOUR DONE

altsounds
August 1st, 2006, 09:26 PM
I have had issues with this. No files were actually copied over but the database information seemed to be. Wen it was supposed to me moving files it cam up with a bunch of error messages.

Please help!

Chuck S
August 1st, 2006, 11:02 PM
That would indicate your not inputing the proper server paths to your vbgallery and or photopost directories that contain the images

altsounds
August 2nd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Well what is the stereotypical "data" path for gallery?? I know the bits before it i.e home/ etc but I have /gallery/files/ . And then for photopost I have /photopost/data/ I'm not going to paste the full paths for obvious reasons.

But here's a sample of the errors:

Importing (36-letigre.jpg)

Warning: copy(/home/public_html/gallery/files/3/6/36-letigre.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/photopost/vbag.php on line 691

Warning: copy(/home/public_html/gallery/files/3/6/36-letigre_thumb.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/photopost/vbag.php on line 701
Importing (36-kings2.jpg)

The reason is that when you look, the directories that the files are supposed to be in is not where they are which is why it can't copy it. I'm super confused here and would appreciate the help ad without getting this working buying Photopost has been a waste of time and money for me.

Thanks for your help

Chuck S
August 2nd, 2006, 10:59 AM
well where does the file exist if you say that then we might be able to assist?

If your running with safe mode on then you can not use Photopost.

Chuck S
August 2nd, 2006, 11:25 AM
Here is what I see when you look at a file on a brand new install

http://www.omegatron.net/gallery/files/1/8468Gonipora5.jpg

altsounds
August 12th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Chuck,

Still no joy with this. I am not on Safe mode and we are on 3.6.0.

Any idea?

Chuck S
August 12th, 2006, 10:16 AM
You can post a url here so we can see your install