PDA

View Full Version : Access To Support Forums

bargaintrophies
July 27th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I registered a while back (about 6 months ago) and logged in today for the first time since. I filled in the new User Profile info per the pop-up link and tried to post in the Support - How Do I forum. I get the following error:

----------------------------------------------

bargaintrophies, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

-----------------------------------------------

Does someone have to manually review the new profile information before granting access? Will I get an email when I have the access?

Thanks,
Michael

Chuck S
July 28th, 2006, 10:37 AM
This thread should assist you in becoming a verified customer

http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=68

djstevens
July 28th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I must say, as a photopost customer, but not someone who wants to hang out on forums all day, this verified customer thing is very uncustomer friendly. I'm not sure what purpose it serves.

I was doing some work on my forums last night and needed to research a problem I was having. First, I had to sign up for the forums.... not great, but okay. Now, I realize I have to do a post to get my status upgraded, just so I can see the answer to the question I had. I guess I could just post my question again, so I could be told to do a search on the forum, since it's been answered many, many times before.

Oh well, hopefully, I'll get upgraded now, be able to fix my problem, and then come back six months from now and go through this again.

Dan

Michael P
July 28th, 2006, 01:21 PM
It's a pretty simple process - as long as your email account for your forum user is the same as your email that you registered your product with, your account will show as Verified within an hour or so. Once you are verified, your account maintains that status and doesn't require any further reauthorization.

It helps us by identifying customers and potential users who are soliciting support for a product they did not purchase.

djstevens
July 28th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I see. Hopefully I've figured out what email I used when I bought this program, so I can be verified and get my problem fixed.

Dan

Bree
August 1st, 2006, 02:59 AM
Test... just trying to see if I was verified yet - thought this was a good place to do a "tester" post hehe Have fun but be good.... always -Bree

Bree
August 1st, 2006, 03:48 AM
Testing

Edit: Wooo Hoooo =0) I'm verified!

Michael P
August 1st, 2006, 08:32 AM
Dan,

I've sent you a PM asking for your info so I can try and help get your status straightened out.